• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Ecoboost Garrett Intercooler group buy ready to go!

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 17, 2013, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Pricing is releasted $949.00 list price - I am doing introductory pricing of $875.00 each and if I get 10 orders $25.00 off coupon will be put up.

You can order here:
http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/ATP-Turbo-F150-Intercooler-ATPF150IC.htm
Front mounted intercooler upgrade. Direct replacement stock location unit. Garrett high density cores. Supports 800HP.

1. Stock Intercooler takes only 4.5 minutes to MAX OUT the air intake temp on the gauge. 157 Deg F.

2. After 4.5 minutes on the upgraded intercooler, maximum air intake temp observed is only 118 Deg F.

3. After 5.5 minutes of continuous pulls, the upgraded intercooler only reaches maximum temperature of 132 Deg F. It takes 12 consecutive dyno pulls in third gear to do this.

4. It takes the stock intercooler only 3 pulls (only 55 seconds) to reach the same 132 Deg. F

Conclusion: It does not take very long to heat soak the stock intercooler. In this case, it only takes 3 pulls in 3rd gear (about the same as 1/4 mile through 4 gears).

*Testing done Back to Back while Truck was strapped to the dyno.
Intercooler Torture Test - Upgraded Intercooler

Intercooler Torture Test - Stock Intercooler

You can order here:

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

QwikSHO

Man, I hope that the aftermarket grows with these cars in a few years.

Coming from an Evo where you have about 30 different intercoolers to choose from, aftermarket parts for these cars are a huge sticker shock.

EcoPowerParts

Remember this is the truck intercooler and it's HUGE! I'm probably moving to a water to air here in the next 3 months or so, I can't see a good air to air being available for the transverse cars.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

QwikSHO

Well, wouldn't a larger FMIC be impossible on the PP SHO's because of our added coolers? 

(just asking, I haven't really dug into my car yet to even look at the stock FMIC)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: QwikSHO on September 17, 2013, 03:27:14 PM
Well, wouldn't a larger FMIC be impossible on the PP SHO's because of our added coolers? 

(just asking, I haven't really dug into my car yet to even look at the stock FMIC)
Take a look at the stock IC, it's sandwiched between the condensor and the radiator...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Motohead

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 17, 2013, 03:47:28 PM

Take a look at the stock IC, it's sandwiched between the condensor and the radiator...

Is there any room to sneek a co2 spray ring in there ?
2012 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13.4 @101 150,000 miles and goin strong

2016 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13s @85,000 miles and goin strong

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Motohead on October 18, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

That I don't know, you'll have to take your front end apart to find out.
I'm going to do a water to air IC next month once we finish figuring out the tuning. I'll take pictures when it's happening.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Motohead

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on October 18, 2013, 09:47:32 AM
Quote from: Motohead on October 18, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

That I don't know, you'll have to take your front end apart to find out.
I'm going to do a water to air IC next month once we finish figuring out the tuning. I'll take pictures when it's happening.

Looks to be around an inch of space between the back of the AC condenser and the front of the IC. The grill will have to come out for access but it's totally doable. Water to air is the way to go though I have a water to air on my T-Bird in between runs I have a coil system of copper pipe inside a cooler full of ice I connect up to it run the pump chill the coolant down in the 40s and on 100 degree days I have 60 Degree intake temps (for one run).

2012 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13.4 @101 150,000 miles and goin strong

2016 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13s @85,000 miles and goin strong