• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Water pump, timing chain and unsolicited info

Started by SHOme, July 18, 2023, 08:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOme

Hello all,

I have been MIA around here for a few years. I have been working on a frame off restomod 92 Bronco. I was just wondering how far anyone has gone before changing the water pump and timing chain?  I just had mine done at 178k.  The mechanic showed me the old parts and there was very little wear on the chain guides and tensioners.  They were probably good for the rest of the life of the engine.  I guess synthetic oil every 5k does make a difference.  I do not race my car unless a snot nose with a WRX is pestering me:)  I put a Livernois v10 tune in it at about 25k.  I have also changed my PTU fluid every 15-20k. I have had no issues until the recent work was done now I have a low boost pressure code and I can definitely feel it at high RPM and the fuel mileage is down about 1 mpg.  I am taking it back to the mechanic today and I am hoping to fine a loose clamp or vacuum line that was not connected. Its got to be something simple because she ran like a scalded dog when I dropped her off.  Anywho hello again.         
2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

SHOme

I was able to do a smoke test on her and check all the boost/vacuum lines and found no issues.  I guess I'm in the market for new turbos.  I have emailed Livernois this question but I was wondering if anyone here has used the billet wheel upgrade and if so did you notice any seat of the pants difference?
2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI