• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is everyone using to clean the TSW Nurberings?

Started by Shonuff1140, July 29, 2013, 04:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

I know a ton of people on here are running them, and the matte gunmetal finish is kinda unique so I was wondering what forum members are using to get/keep them clean without messing them up.

bpd1151

A good healthy dousing of Comet Kitchen Cleanser, coupled with a new S.O.S. Pad.

:chair: Totally Kidding  :crazy1:

Since the Matte Gun Metal finish seems to scratch rather easily, I've strayed away from any of the harsh, common wheel cleaning products found at any of the local automotive parts/supply stores.

I have found though that a product sold at Walmart made by "Purple Power" called "Citrus Cleaner" has worked for me.

Be sure to use a MF cloth though and always use either a separate bucket for the wheels and wheel wells, then you use for the painted surfaces.

SHOdded

Probably a good dose of Zep Citrus (diluted at least 1:4 to be careful) will suffice if you haven't got much buildup yet.  Tar-X or Tarminator or some such organic matter remover if needed.  Once cleaned you may consider sealing the wheels with Collinite 845 or OptiGuard or CQuartz to make future cleanups easier.  Posting detailing questions on www.live2detail.com should net you some great advice.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Lanson

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Timeless

http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-wheel-cleaner.html

Used this for years and says it is gentle on all wheels.  Kinda cool how it changes colors also.
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

watts

First post - recently converted from EBOF!

+1 on Sonax Full Effect.  It's safe and works great.  Let it dwell and then agitate with a soft bristled brush and you're good to go.

Adam's All purpose cleaner on the tires with a scrub brush and you're set to go!
2014 Taurus SHO - Sony, Mikko suede, 20" low gloss wheel option.

Weathertech mats; LED interior bulb, puddle lamp, and map light conversion; Custom trunk lighting, Custom subwoofer install, LED DRL kit.

jimmyducati

i second purple power, that stuff eats grease and dirt for breakfast..
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead