• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1966 F100 Gets a 1 of 5 Raptor Crate engines and 10R80

Started by EcoBoostedF100, November 22, 2022, 09:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBoostedF100

This is ecoswap number 5!

To step up the power game and make it a PURE swap with engine and transmission only I was able to pick up 1 of the 5 Raptor crate engines sold by Ford Performance. 450/510 version.

I thought some here may be interested in this project.

1966 F100 Shortbed fully restored to stock interior and exterior but with the transplanted 3.5 Raptor Crate engine.

The goal was stock appearing less of course needing better brakes and steering. 14" 6p Baer on all 4 corners provide the whoa.
Because of the large brakes I needed a minimum of 18" wheels to clear the brakes. I had them custom made.

After more years than I can count messing with exhaust stuff I used exact system I would on a BBF. Using 3" 304 stainless with 3" H-pipe crossover and adding the Garrett intercooler

BASE tune on E50 it put down 603hp & 658tq to the tire. This was in 5th gear not 7th like it should have been and a 100 deg day along with PCM closing throttle because of maxing both the hp and tq limitations.. Making a bunch more now with that dialed out.

Enough so that it will totally make a Tesla P100D driver x2 wonder what just happened.
Now that the weather here in AZ has cooled to 70 deg for high it's a absolute ROCKET> Especially from 60-100 and beyond

I am still running the total stock and original to truck rear suspension with a stock basic shock. On front it's still on I Beams but I added a large sway bar and quicker tighter power steering.

Couple vids of final product.
Running a stock pcm/tcm combo

I do have PATS and TPMS and a few other features just because.

Truck will go 1000 miles on a single fuel fill. 25 mpg highway with 91 and 20 mpg on E50. 8000+ trouble free miles so far.
All over Arizona along with a trip to southern california for the Fabulous Fords Forever show back in April.

Even though the power is dialed back in 1st 3 gears it is still a handful to drive.

Best played in 4k. Was pretty dark out for first few minutes. Vid will clear up.
Be happy to post any other info and have a bunch of photos of entire build.

My total dream truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0TYoEmfTs

bpd1151

Simply breathtaking.

What an incredible presentation.....

Front to rear. Top to bottom. Inside and out.

I'm sure the smiles it gives you (& others) are immeasurable.

Thank you for sharing with the community.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

EcoBoostedF100

Few pics no clue how to make the pics larger

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 23, 2022, 06:57:49 AM
Simply breathtaking.

What an incredible presentation.....

Front to rear. Top to bottom. Inside and out.

I'm sure the smiles it gives you (& others) are immeasurable.

Thank you for sharing with the community.

Thanks! Cannot drive very far without getting a thumbs up. From about every type of vehicle imaginable. Never had a vehicle that got this type of response.

Latest were two different Dual Motor Tesla owners shaking heads waving arms with thumbs up right after they got their doors blown off. . .  AND that TRX owner who thought he had fastest truck on the road. He must have thought half his cylinders were not firing.
I went 1000's of miles with nobody wanting to challenge but lately every time I take it out. Saturday evening leaving a local show I was on a freeway onramp with a MachE going way slow in left lane. Freeway speeds 70-75 so decided to simply go around him on the right. Driver didn't like that so decided to not let me pass. It had to be the "SLOW" version as about 50% throttle did the trick.

I built it as a long distance cruiser not a race truck but it runs good never the less.

bpd1151

That undercarriage though......

Oh. Em. Gee.

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 23, 2022, 08:02:48 PM
That undercarriage though......

Oh. Em. Gee.

That was in process pic. Note wires hanging.
Also in photo is charcoal canister. Has ALL emission components inc capless filler.

EcoBoostedF100

Testing photo uploads. Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Photo upload is working for you. I can see the one pic.