• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

23 taurus

Started by Dxlnt1, October 29, 2022, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

Hello my good peeps. Been a while since I posted. I had to rebuild my house.
Anyway, has anyone seen or heard of the new Taurus? And if it will come to the US?
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-released-all-new-2023-taurus-sedan/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqhPw2Z5vk
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

neither hybrid nor electric, also not high end model. will not come to the U.S. verbatim. i guess you could import one but thats expensive except maybe for military.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Bummer. Cuz its a decent looking car.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

bpd1151

Sharp indeed.

I still to this day, completely disagree with FMC having pulled completely out of / from the car market (sans their beloved Mustang).

To push your company into the truck/suv market only is just plain stupid.

My wife, and two oldest daughters have since purchased brand new cars (Wife a 2020, Oldest daughter a 2022, and middle daughter a 2023) all from another mfg'er.

Which, could've been purchased from FMC, but nope. Goodness. How dumb and shortsighted of them.

Oh well. Maybe someday they'll rethink their decisions. But by then, if the ever should, they'll have steered enough buyers away from them, and to other mfg'ers, that I doubt those very same buyers would ever circle back to Ford again.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

jman

Rotary dial instead of a true shifter... hate it.
This is one of the big "cons" on my list for the Explorer ST. Dodge made that mistake back in 2014 and brought the shifter back in 2018.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Dxlnt1

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 01, 2022, 08:18:33 AM
Sharp indeed.

I still to this day, completely disagree with FMC having pulled completely out of / from the car market (sans their beloved Mustang).

To push your company into the truck/suv market only is just plain stupid.

My wife, and two oldest daughters have since purchased brand new cars (Wife a 2020, Oldest daughter a 2022, and middle daughter a 2023) all from another mfg'er.

Which, could've been purchased from FMC, but nope. Goodness. How dumb and shortsighted of them.

Oh well. Maybe someday they'll rethink their decisions. But by then, if the ever should, they'll have steered enough buyers away from them, and to other mfg'ers, that I doubt those very same buyers would ever circle back to Ford again.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I think most of us thought this to be true when they killed the Taurus vs the 500. A rebadged Taurus for another Ford classic? C'mon man.

But then the 2010 Taurus came out and was a game changer for Ford. While I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, what if?

What if say the Ford GT drivetrain? For the US market would be a boom! I think I would consider a car payment then lol. That could compete with the CT-5, M5, A5, in refinement and brute strength.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: jman on November 01, 2022, 10:55:30 AM
Rotary dial instead of a true shifter... hate it.
This is one of the big "cons" on my list for the Explorer ST. Dodge made that mistake back in 2014 and brought the shifter back in 2018.

Absolutely. As bad as eliminating over 90% of all manual transmission cars today. Takes the fun out of driving.