• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catch can hose collapse?

Started by ThePresidential, July 16, 2022, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePresidential

About 2 months after i installed catch cans on both sides, only the hoses on the pcv side collapse with the engine running. I have a breather on the oil cap so it still gets rid of pressure. My guess is i need a new oil separator and or valve cover on the pcv side because theres no blockage that i could find from the manifold to the pcv valve?

Does anyone know the reason why the hoses would collapse?
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

ThePresidential

2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

Macgyver

What happens when you put your normal Oil fill cover back on ?

CCs full or plugged ?

ThePresidential

Theres no blockage in any hoses or cans, the can is barely 1/4 full, unless the hoses are collapsing because of heat soak and the bend in them is weakening them. I might try new hoses and placing the catch can somewhere else where the hoses dont bend.

ridered74

Was that a kit from a reputable company? I'd start with replacing the hoses.

Has it always done that since you installed?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

ThePresidential

It just started to do this after about 2 months. The other catch can i have installed on the clean side is fine and the hoses dont collapse, those hoses dont have any forced bends in them either.

Im gonna try new hoses and re route them first and throw some heat shield on em.

Funny thing is after prolonged periods of idling then driving smoke would come out the exhaust for a lil. Since the hoses collapsed it hasnt  smoked once.