August 09, 2022, 04:41:02 AM
collapse

Author Topic:  Remote functions/remote start weak or intermittent  (Read 613 times)

Offline polskifacet

• Elite Member
  • Chicago
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Received: 275
  • OCD Oils Changer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remote functions/remote start weak or intermittent
« on: July 06, 2022, 12:13:45 AM »
Hey Guys,
Haven't been active but still have the SHO. Having a weird problem with remote functions. No codes in forscan. Reset and intialized the modules. Erased and re added keys. Battery is on trickle charger for full voltage. Changed both key fob batteries. If i put the key on the TPM module that's on the rear deck it's very responsive. Same if i put the key right on the area where the antenna is behind the rear bumper or in the center console where the backup antenna is if your key fob battery is dead. It works but it's being super picky and sometimes it's weak. Randomly get no key detected when driving and sometimes it's hard to start the car and I end up putting it in the console slot. Any advice would be great. I'm thinking about getting a new TPM(on rear deck) first.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

Offline SHOdded

• Forum Supporters
  • Elite Member
  • Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13066
  • -Received: 4255
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
Re: Remote functions/remote start weak or intermittent
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:30:06 AM »
you may need to replace the RFA and or the RFR module.  or maybe the glove compartment is full, blocking the RFA module.  the three antennas rarely are the problem, but the connectors could very well be full or grime or have burnt pins.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 05:33:09 AM by SHOdded »
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Offline polskifacet

• Elite Member
  • Chicago
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Received: 275
  • OCD Oils Changer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Remote functions/remote start weak or intermittent
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 10:14:55 AM »
Hey man thanks for the reply,
I changed the TPM module (no programming required) which does TPMS and the key antenna. I also changed the RFA (which used programmed fine) and checked the 3 antennas which all have in spec resistance. I changed the PCM just in case (which used programmed fine). The only thing that's almost impossible to change is the BCM which I think is the culprit because if I take the fuse out for the BCM, the key response when opening/closing doors is much faster and reliable. I bought a matching number BCM from the junkyard but it's impossible to program with IDS, I think there are some write once bits that can't be changed unless you use a clone tool like IO Terminal. Ford stopped production of my modules the second 10 years was up.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal