• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Explorer Sport: No accelerating/boost after a long drive - wastegate issue?

Started by UrbanExplorationz, October 11, 2022, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanExplorationz

Last Thursday October the 6th I drove 260 miles in four hours with no issues, but when I pulled into the parking lot for drive-thru, there was no power under acceleration. The engine was somewhat louder and sounded like it was having a hard time accelerating even in just a drive-thru. Pulled over into the parking lot and went to check on the engine, thinking it was an issue with the charge pipes or other turbo components. It felt somewhat shaky in reverse gear as well. Checked everywhere in the engine bay and nothing was loose or out of the ordinary.

I restarted the car and it worked as normal. No issues driving it for three days. On Sunday the 9th, I drove about 170 miles, and went to pull into a rest area, and the same issue happened. Stopped the engine and restarted it a few minutes later and the issue was gone again. I continued the drive which was 85 more miles, and when I pulled up to the stop sign near my house, it seemed it was losing power during acceleration again but not as abruptly.
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

UrbanExplorationz

2014 Ford Explorer Sport