• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 lincoln mks ecoboost

Started by ThePresidential, June 03, 2022, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePresidential

Have done a few things with body. Im about to drill and tap a drain plug for the ptu and manually clean the intake valves to the turbo and IC, small amount of oil is coming from somewhere in the turbo. This is my everyday driver so mainly i just want to upgrade the intercooler, high flow cats, and a tune, gonna keep it 450 hp or under.

Anyone know an online repair manual thats detailed and has pics?
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

Macgyver

To get the power you are hinting at. You dont need anything but a tune.

Doing the maintenance is good and all. I would use the BK line of products as people here have suggested.

Go through the BK cleaning, change the PTU and RDF fluids and then change the engine oil. Tune (93 and E30) and see how you like it. If you feel you need more power. Then do the IC and Turbos and CATs.

My SHO pulled like a freight train on E30.

ThePresidential

Do your engine temps run hotter with a tune and no IC upgrade?
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

Macgyver

Not really hotter.

I have seen nobody prove that colder plugs. Colder thermostat help with actual street performance on a largely OEM built SHO. Meaning. One SHO side by side with another will out perform it. My tuner. AJP recommended new OEM heat range plugs for his tune(93 & E30). Wasnt worth going colder.

Now an after market IC intake temp will be lower and have less pressure drop across it. So there will be some gains there.

Again. Take steps. Tuning is far easier and an instant change. A tuner wont charge much to make a revision say after you make the desired changes and want to retune.

ThePresidential

I was looking at lms for a tuner, wanna be able to datalog. What tuner would you recommend going with?

Macgyver

Not LMS. Too many past issues reported.

My top 3 would be. No order here , Alphabetical :

AJP Turbo.
GearHead
Unleashed

In order to tune you have to data log, They will instruct you as to how. I would get a X4 box https://sctflash.com/products/x4-performance-programmer/

ThePresidential

Do these 3 tuners allow you to have a high flow cat? I know some wont let you delete any emission systems.

Ive also heard some people had a choice of soft or hard transmission shifts, would using hard shifts have an effect on the trans later on down the road? or would it just depend on how often you use that tune and how often you service and maintain your trans?

Right now im leaning more towards AJP or unleashed.

Ta2dResqr

Most tuners accept "high flow" cats. Catless is accepted by fewer and fewer all the time. I would throw Ortiz on that list as well. Their customer service is fantastic. They offer a VO (Variable Octane) tune that is similar to the AO concept. Great for a Daily Driver or a car you travel in. They also offer novelty tunes such as Ghost Cam, Burble/Crackle, or the Bravo 240.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

RickyRecon

Quote from: ThePresidential on June 03, 2022, 09:47:58 PM
Have done a few things with body. Im about to drill and tap a drain plug for the ptu and manually clean the intake valves to the turbo and IC, small amount of oil is coming from somewhere in the turbo. This is my everyday driver so mainly i just want to upgrade the intercooler, high flow cats, and a tune, gonna keep it 450 hp or under.

Anyone know an online repair manual thats detailed and has pics?

I am also going to have my valves cleaned here soon and install a UPR. The BG induction service is actually Ford approved, and turbo safe. If you go on BGs website, you can search for an authorized shop near you, and there is likely at least one Ford service dept. near you that offers it. Unless, of course, you have your heart set on pulling things apart and playing dental hygienist with picks and wire brushes lol
2017 smoked quartz SHO, GH AO tune, AJP 93/e30, M-12405-35T plugs @ .026, 3 bar MAP, stock tstat, AEM drop in, SSM mount, r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, PP brake pads, Michelin pilot sport a/s 4's, Amsoil fluids

ThePresidential

Lol. Does the bg induction service clean carbon from everything in the intake system, including the turbos? And is the service pretty thorough, like no carbon left on valves?

Macgyver

The BG service is not Walnut blasting so its not perfect. But it does a great job for what it is capable of.