• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

livernoismotorsports Short block failed

Started by Mo7ammed, May 25, 2022, 02:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo7ammed

Hi Guys,

We had an engine failed that is built by Livernoise, the owner purchased the closed deck short block.
now, we opened the block and trying to rebuild it, i emailed and called them for the engine specs (clearnaces - bore size, .. etc) but no reply.they are ghosting me completely.
anyhow, here is what we think we know:
- the head studs seems like the stock ones!- cylinders are sleeved! that's not mentioned in the website and I don't know why they sleeved it.
- the piston bore is 3.650, I don't know any reputable manufacture that following this size in their options, I assume we need to oversize the cylinders.- rods are not turbo rods, seems like Manley's but not sure.- pistons are not similar to any turbo forged pistons design, (Manley, JE...etc).
here are some pictures and if you can help with specs that they are following and what piston rings they are using I would appreciate it.

Ta2dResqr

JE Piston Ultra series? They have some similar-looking domes. They have a gold coating like the pictures on LMS. They use a 6 digit part number. They offer custom pistons. Try checking on the bottom of the piston in the wrist pin valley. May or may not have a JE logo. If they order a large quantity, they may be willing to omit it for them.

Engine labs has a couple articles about their build. Talks about the 10:1 compression ration (JE offers) and same materials.

LMS Race engine does claim sleeves currently on their page.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Ta2dResqr

Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Ecoboost_xsport

Livernois for the fail...who would've thought...LOLOLOLOL

bpd1151

Quote from: Ecoboost_xsport on May 26, 2022, 09:55:28 PM
Livernois for the fail...who would've thought...LOLOLOLOL
It's like deja vu......

Over. And over. And over again.

I don't understand why people continue to use them.

Aye yai yai.    **insert eyeroll here**

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

802SHO

Wow!  You never win with LME
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

DV85

the powerstorm 3.5 block package has always come with sleeved cylinders, at least with the 2 blocks we have had built by LMS had them, which was known from the start of the build.  like everyone here i have experienced frustrations with LMS but overall have been happy working with them.  hoping to get our 13 SHO back out to Milan now that its opening up and improve on the 11.69 time from 2019.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Mo7ammed

Quote from: DV85 on May 27, 2022, 10:07:55 AM
the powerstorm 3.5 block package has always come with sleeved cylinders, at least with the 2 blocks we have had built by LMS had them, which was known from the start of the build.  like everyone here i have experienced frustrations with LMS but overall have been happy working with them.  hoping to get our 13 SHO back out to Milan now that its opening up and improve on the 11.69 time from 2019.
It should be listed in the website that they will sleeve it.

Not a small detail to be ignored not to mention the power storm head bolts (stock bolts as we found)!!!

A vague and misleading business conduct as far as i see till the moment.

Zero replies to my mails and no customer support whatsoever.

Thanks to Ryan (RMB) a great guy who jumped to the help once I reached out to him in his account.

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: Mo7ammed on May 31, 2022, 03:04:52 PM
Quote from: DV85 on May 27, 2022, 10:07:55 AM

Not a small detail to be ignored not to mention the power storm head bolts (stock bolts as we found)!!!

Thanks to Ryan (RMB) a great guy who jumped to the help once I reached out to him in his account.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP750101/powerstorm-ford-3-5l-ecoboost-race-series-shortblock

This 3.5 liter Ford Ecoboost short block features a new Ford Block with Livernois Exclusive sleeves and a billet upper block support.

Like that? It is literally called out in the description.

bpd1151

Quote from: Mo7ammed on May 31, 2022, 03:04:52 PM

You're on their "naughty list" now, and will continue to be. Why?

Cuz you spoke the truth about your experience, and that my friend (as I very much learned the hard way) is utter blasphemy in their own (self controlled) circles.

I knew when my failure happened, I'd have to be on point with facts. Lest they put me on blast. Which that said, they still tried, albeit in vain.

I won. They suck.

That's what happens to liars, thieves, manipulators, and just down right scum bags.

Which is what they are and ALWAYS WILL BE.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk