• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Manually open and close intake valves

Started by ThePresidential, May 28, 2022, 06:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePresidential

Im going to manually clean the carbon buildup from the intake valves. Im guessing a breaker bar on the crankshaft? Got it ised with 90,000 miles and i know theres gonna be nasty s***. I want to clean the valves and everywhere the blow by travel
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

Macgyver

It can be done. I am not sure what the proper way of doing it is. To minimize issues.

I would boroscope it tho. See how bad it really is.

Ta2dResqr

How are you planning to get to them? What are you going to use to clean them? Any reason you are not going to use one of the commercially available cleaners that do not involve at least partial motor disassembly?
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

ThePresidential

Since this is my daily driver i dont want to take a chance and break of a hard piece of carbon and have to get a new turbo. I have the BG intake valve cleaner and im just gonna do each cylinder one by one. Ive never manually open or closed intake valves so i just wanna make sure im doing it right and not messing with the timing.
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |