• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2019 SHO remote start suddenly stopped working

Started by BigCauc, May 23, 2022, 08:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCauc

I'm new to the Forum and banned on FB, as usual 🤣 my remote start was good at work. I got home and it no longer worked. Neither let works but the car recognizes the fob. Checked the battery in the one i was using and it looked fine. A bit of extra electrical grease but nothing abnormal about the inside of the key so it's the car. Does anyone know what usually goes out and how hard it might be to get to it myself if i can?

Edit: when i try, it blinks twice to try and beeps several seconds later.

ridered74

Quote from: BigCauc on May 23, 2022, 08:55:35 PM
I'm new to the Forum and banned on FB, as usual 🤣 my remote start was good at work. I got home and it no longer worked. Neither let works but the car recognizes the fob. Checked the battery in the one i was using and it looked fine. A bit of extra electrical grease but nothing abnormal about the inside of the key so it's the car. Does anyone know what usually goes out and how hard it might be to get to it myself if i can?

I'd scan for engine codes. There's a lot of things that will make the remote start not work. I think a person or two have had the switch fail that tells the car that the hood is closed. If if thinks the hood is open it will not remote start.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

BigCauc

Quote from: ridered74 on May 24, 2022, 09:46:04 AM
Quote from: BigCauc on May 23, 2022, 08:55:35 PM

I'd scan for engine codes. There's a lot of things that will make the remote start not work. I think a person or two have had the switch fail that tells the car that the hood is closed. If if thinks the hood is open it will not remote start.

Weirdly enough, it's working again. So I'll try to look and see if anything comes up at all.