• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Technicality argument with friend

Started by BigCauc, May 16, 2022, 12:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCauc

So i just want to see what you guys say.

I have a friend who's arguing with me about my unmodified sho not being considered stock. I consider it stock because it doesn't have want of the upgrade options and i haven't done anything to it.

He keeps saying its not stock because it's the highest trim level. My understanding of what's considered stock is anything that has not been modified from its manufacturing configuration. His idea of stock is base model vs top trim. Now from i can tell, the limited has the same v6 in it and I'm not sure about the transmission, but the only difference between trims doesn't come down to upgrades but almost totally different configurations. So you the limited vs the sho is the closest thing i can imagine being considered stock to non stock. Because it looks like without upgrades, the limited is the same as the sho. But i really don't know. So who's correct? Me, saying the sho is stock or him saying it's not?

ridered74

You have a very confused friend. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy you would want to have any further conversations with about cars.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Macgyver

If it rolled off the Assembly line the way you bought it and it is still that way. It Is Stock.

If the dealer adds things to the car to help sell it. Pin Striping, Quarts coating, Undercoating, etc etc. It is still stock.

It is Not stock if Saleen, Rousch, or other Assembly line performance tuners that will take 50 Mustangs and upgrade them.

jman

You are right and need smarter friends.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Ta2dResqr

Don't let idiots drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Some things aren't worth arguing.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer