• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Prayers please for Brian "Bam_SHO" Michael......

Started by bpd1151, May 04, 2022, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Not sure if the news made its respective rounds since this morning, however, Brian called me 1st thing this morning to let me know of some pretty terrible developments in his ongoing battle with cancer.....

Cut to the chase, his medical team advised that his cancer has spread to numerous areas throughout his body, and that the decision was made to stop treatment, as there's nothing more that can be done to save him.

He was in tears. Scared. Upset and rightfully so. I was at a loss for words, but truly appreciated him reaching out to me personally to let me know he isn't expecting to be around long term.

He made a comment that I wouldn't see his ugly mug no more. I replied "So not true my friend. I have plenty of pictures to remind me of our shenanigans, that will tie me over until it is my time to go. In fact, I fully expect you to be standing at the gates of heaven above, waiting for me, and as I pass through those gates, I fully expect you to give me a swift crack on my ass and welcome me inside accordingly".

He laughed at that. So that's good. Just tried to make him happy. Even if for just a brief moment.

I'm sure Brian would appreciate any of you reaching out here, posting a message or two and wish him, his wife, and only daughter your prayers as they'll all need them for sure.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

SM105K

Words are always hard to find in situations like this. However, I hope Brian and his family find solace during this time.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Thank you for posting this.  I had hoped for better news, but the fight's not over yet.  Sometimes prayers and faith make miracles happen.  Hope for the best, either way.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Heavenly Father I come to you standing in the gap for and with family friends for brother Brian. As you are all knowing you know our selfish desires are for him to remain among us. But let your will be done. Comfort his family as only you can. In Jesus name, amen
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

mybigsho

WOW!! I have been thinking of Brian lately wondering how he is doing..
Last time i seen him was at Beaver springs drag way for a ford event
we were both racing our sho's last year.. My thoughts and prayers
go out to his lovely wife and family for some type of miracle that he can spend more time with us.. God Bless!! Scott Mckenzie. 
2016 SHO NON PP, HPFP, CATTED DP'S, GH INTERCOOLER,
CAI, 170 STAT, HR SRINGS, GH E30 TUNE 12.08@117.22 60' AJP E30 TUNE11.991@115.91 1.72 60'

bpd1151

Thanks Scott.

Unfortunately, Brian's wife responded to a text message that I sent to Brian, on his phone, wishing him a Happy Father's Day.

Brian was not able to reply himself.

His wife stated that she expected Brian to go any day now, but that he was resting comfortably, medicated, etc.

She also stated that Brian cherished all of his friendships he made within the SHO community and that all of our support had allowed him to remain with us, for as long as he has.

This info was current as of Sunday 06/19/22.

SHOdded

Thank you for keeping us updated, Mike. Whatever the outcome, may God give Brian & family the strength to bear.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

Very sad news and prayers for him and his family. Life is so fragile..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

R.I.P. Brian "Bam_SHO" Michael. 06/24/2022.

The good Lord called him overnight, with him having taken his last breath at 1:15am.

I feel at loss. But I also feel happy for him, knowing he is eternally at peace and rid of all his physical ailments, pains, and challenges. He will be a bright shining star to guide us all as we traverse our own physical lives, until we too, pass.

Please pray for his dear surviving wife Kris, and his adult daughter Kate. They could use our prayers as they manage their loss.

Thank you to all.

If any you have any pictures of Brian, please do share/post them here. I will pass them along to Kris.

If/when I find out details on services, I will re-post here for those desiring to attend.

BlueSHO

Terrible news and my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Admin

Brian "Bam_SHO" Michael was one of the biggest SHO enthusiast and a staunch supporter of the platform, and one hell of a guy. It was pleasure to know and be friends with Brian and his family. He will be missed greatly. There will always be an empty space at Ford Nationals with the passing of Brian. Last time I got to see him was when he came down and stayed the night so we could hit up a private MIR event which was blast (even though they way over prepped the track... ). Please say a prayer for his family through this incredibly difficult time.

As BPD1151 mentioned, please take a minute to post any fond memories or pictures of Brian you may have!

(137) 2013 Taurus SHO 12.14!! - YouTube

bpd1151

Message from Brian's wife on services as follows:

Brian's service will be Saturday, July 9th at 11am at Saint John's Newberry UMC,  2101 Newberry St,  Williamsport PA with a meal to follow at the church.

mybigsho

Very sorry to hear the news..Thoughts and prayers to his family in these
hard times.. God speed Brian!!
2016 SHO NON PP, HPFP, CATTED DP'S, GH INTERCOOLER,
CAI, 170 STAT, HR SRINGS, GH E30 TUNE 12.08@117.22 60' AJP E30 TUNE11.991@115.91 1.72 60'

bpd1151