• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2018 SHO weird sync problem.

Started by VibraSHO, March 22, 2022, 01:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VibraSHO

The sync system is acting up. Currently it will not turn on at all. The radio and backup camera both do not come on.

Below the screen, the CD player eject, passenger airbag, and hazard button all illuminate and are operational.

Continue down, the volume knob is illuminated yet provides no functionality. While the source and sound buttons are not illuminated and also proved no function.

Below, all climate functions work and illuminate properly.

The USB ports are both not functioning (inside the console that connect to sync).

When the system was operating about 25% of the time, sync would boot but give a navigation error. I took the opportunity to do a factory reset, with no improvement. I also did an overnight battery disconnect as well as a fuse inspection.

Additionally there

Ta2dResqr

Have you tried to check for codes? Best option would be with ForScan or something like OBDLink that offers expanded coverage. Often there will be a code but no light as it is not a critical system.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Macgyver

Since it was very buggy before. It is not likely a fuse.

No warranty ?

After doing the above recommendations. Your best bet might be to get a whole new sync module (used). I doubt the screen is toast.