• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

K & N Drop in--- Anyone experiment?

Started by Josephm, September 15, 2013, 02:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephm

I am at 13k miles and trying to keep warranty till at least 30k; So i am trying to find alternatives to actually be able to HEAR this engine. I found this;

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2395

My intentions are just to do mod's that can be removed(tune), or not blatantly obvious(drop in intake)
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoBrick Bob

Truth be told... it works better than most aftermarket CAI's, other than those that draw air from the fender area.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Josephm

Only ones to draw from fender are the 'air raid You build it kits'?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: Josephm on September 15, 2013, 03:00:31 PM

I made one using a RotoFab "J" pipe, connecting hose and a round filter.  Built it way before AirAid regular SHO/Flex kit came out.  While it isn't as great as 4DR's you describe or BPD's NESHO one off fenderwell intake, it runs much cooler IAT temps than AirAid EB specific kit, per my own testing.

That's why I feel the cheapest, easiest, and least invasive solution is that K & N drop in filter. And it actually does improve air flow.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

DJE624

I totally agree with Bob.  I use the K&N drop in panel in the stock box that gets its air from right under the front of the hood.

Josephm

Quote from: DJE624 on September 15, 2013, 03:23:13 PM
I totally agree with Bob.  I use the K&N drop in panel in the stock box that gets its air from right under the front of the hood.

Wouldn't happen to have any audio/video clips? You have intake, and tune right?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

DJE624

Tune and K&N panel.  There is a LMS video in the Utube gallery here.  (Link below.) It's pretty quiet.  That's how I like it.  When you use a K&N you can hear the intake suck a little better from inside the car than with the stock filter.  Almost like in the old days when we flipped our old air cleaner covers over.  The tune gives it a little more too.  You can hear the engine very well without the distraction of a louder exhaust. 

Dave's SHO

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

FracaSHO

Quote from: Josephm on September 15, 2013, 03:00:31 PM

Is there a how-to for this?  How much are the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Josephm

4DRHTRD has the you build it kit from Air raid, so i would ask him.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete