• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deer 1 SHO 0 :-(

Started by BlueSHO, February 14, 2022, 08:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

Well if some of you saw in the other post I changed out that 6 year old battery the other day and low and behold a friggin deer runs into the front of the SHO this morning. Major bummer. No airbags but the antifreeze leaked out so was flatbedded to the body shop. Any guesses on what the estimate will be? Have had the car since new in 16 and was in perfect condition..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Damn. That sucks. No injuries to you or any passengers though I hope.

My guesstimate would be around $6k. Maybe slightly higher.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Ta2dResqr

I agree, $6k is probably a good guess. Depends a lot on what all is broken. Headlights are $500+ a piece, fenders aren't bad price wise but start adding up with paint and labor. Make sure you check it all over when you get it back. Hood could have hit fenders by the mirror and chipped paint. Fenders could hit doors and chip paint. Hate for spots like that to start rusting down the road. If you have Driver Assist, either make sure they align your front sensor or do it yourself in ForScan. Biggest problem I had last year after my deer hit was waiting on a grille. They put the old one back in while I waited 2 months to get the new one.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

BlueSHO

Yes no telling how long my wait time will be. Antifreeze puked out bad so no telling what that looks like once they get the hood open. Also the front of the car had Xpel film on it too. People who have not hit a deer don't know how those animals seem to be on a mission as this was 100% NOT avoidable..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: BlueSHO on February 16, 2022, 09:34:51 AM
People who have not hit a deer don't know how those animals seem to be on a mission as this was 100% NOT avoidable..

Mission? I'm convinced they have a hit list. I bought my car on a Wednesday. Hadn't hit a deer in years. I hit a deer Friday night. Was still drive-able. Pretty banged up (Headlight, hood, fender, bumper, grille, etc) mainly on the passenger side. Made an appointment to drop it off Monday night. Monday morning on the way to work, I hit another deer. That one destroyed the driver side. Worst part... insurance said since it was two separate events (with 2 separate police reports), it was 2 deductibles.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

BlueSHO

Quote from: Ta2dResqr on February 17, 2022, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: BlueSHO on February 16, 2022, 09:34:51 AM
People who have not hit a deer don't know how those animals seem to be on a mission as this was 100% NOT avoidable..

Mission? I'm convinced they have a hit list. I bought my car on a Wednesday. Hadn't hit a deer in years. I hit a deer Friday night. Was still drive-able. Pretty banged up (Headlight, hood, fender, bumper, grille, etc) mainly on the passenger side. Made an appointment to drop it off Monday night. Monday morning on the way to work, I hit another deer. That one destroyed the driver side. Worst part... insurance said since it was two separate events (with 2 separate police reports), it was 2 deductibles.
Pictures?   Mission was probably an incorrect definition but maybe a desire to run into the car..I had another deer do the same thing years ago and I was doing 60 which caused air bag deployment and a totalled car..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Ta2dResqr

First Deer. Don't have after second.

Did better than going against a Chevy 2500 HD head on.

BlueSHO

Wow.. what were the costs of those repairs?
Here's another of my hit..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Ta2dResqr

First deer strike was $3337.25

Second deer strike was $3058.13

Truck was just marked obvious total loss due to frame damage. He crossed the center line and hit me off center. Bent the driver frame rail and cracked the transmission open.

BlueSHO

After about 5 weeks and 6,300 dollars it's done .

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

I was pretty close on my estimate.

Turned out nice as it appears from the pics.

Are you yourself happy with repair(s) ?

BlueSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 18, 2022, 02:17:28 PM
I was pretty close on my estimate.

Turned out nice as it appears from the pics.

Are you yourself happy with repair(s) ?

Yes they did a perfect job and very happy. Just need to let the paint cure some before they can put Xpel back on.

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Ta2dResqr