• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 MKS FCIM "heat-to-max" problem, lifehack

Started by Broodingrage, February 14, 2022, 10:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broodingrage

So I finally took the chance on this rare 60 degree day in New England to tack a crack at the common problem of the heat "+" button on the face of the FCIM to just go nuts and give me max heat ALL the time. It took about 3 hours from start to finish but I am happy with the results. Seeing that a replacement FCIM for my car was just about impossible to find and if one WERE to be found, the price was up with "wanna exchange for a kidney?"

SO out comes the center console to finally remove the center section with the FCIM attached. Turn that over, remove 6 screws and the FCIM comes apart, exposing the circuitry. You will see on the close-up six red circles, with a sharp x-acto knife, cut those circuits. They cut fairly easy, they are sunk into the clear polystyrene plastic and stay in place quite well. Ater they are cut, the Temp "-", Temp "+" and Temp Memory buttons will be disabled. (but seeing they are available on the digital screen, who the hell cares?) And put it all back together! No more random temps to MAX and my sanity can slowly return.

Hope this helps.................

Ta2dResqr

Car-Part has them starting for $35 in grade A condition.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer