• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New engine or part replacement

Started by Sbouvia, February 04, 2022, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbouvia

Hey all polling the group. Based on my observations and also dealers, I need a bank 2 turbo, PTU and also decided to pull the trigger on timing chain, water pump, oil pump because the car has 140,000 miles. Dealer said they recommend replacing the second turbo as well which I agree with. They said they could quote a full engine replacement instead of all the work as well. Question is does everything think that
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

TopherSho

if they mean long block, it will cover the heads, block and all the bits inside like the water pump.  Since you are at 140k+ and have been hooning, you will also benefit from the timing chain being replaced as well.

On a 140K block with cylinder wear, valve coking, intake coking, doing the water+oil pump, chain, tensioners would almost be as much as a new r/r .. so it is not a terrible recommendation.

Ford in Eugene oregon quoted me 7000$ + incidental parts for a r/r on my 2012.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Sbouvia

Yea they quote me a bit more here at ford in springfield VA. I think all in we were at $15.6k for a remanifactured engine. We decided to just get repairs as we are on the hunt for a new car in the next three to four years. Still comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. We don
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

15K?  WTH?  Things are getting outrageous.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Sbouvia

And the even better kicker. Thats a remanufactured engine for 2013 model year. I did ask if a later model year engine could be utilized and they were not sure. I believe after 2013 they changed to the dual timing chains in lieu of the single timing chain. Not sure if a lot more stuff changed so they are not interchangeable. We decided to go the rebuild route so we still have our engine. I guess the only nice thing is 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on repairs.
~Scott

Bronco2fan

That's crazy for that for sure. That's almost the price for a decent used car.  I would opt for the rebuild if needed. Or find a decent motor at a parts yard and a shop to swap it out.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Sbouvia

~Scott