• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My 2020 ST

Started by ridered74, January 27, 2022, 11:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

Picked it up about two months ago, loving it so far. Can't wait for warmer weather to install ethanol gauge and intercooler and switch over to an E tune. Not too shabby on just 93.

2020 Ford Explorer ST dragy run with just Gearhead auto octane tune #shorts - YouTube
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Ta2dResqr

Is this an add to the stable or a replacement? Nice numbers.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Macgyver

3.0 is a beast of a motor.

ridered74

Quote from: Ta2dResqr on January 31, 2022, 07:21:58 AM
Is this an add to the stable or a replacement? Nice numbers.

Unfortunately don't have room in the stable for too many horses so I traded the old bull in on this one. Somewhere in northern ohio some random person is driving around an absolute beast and probably has no clue. Been waiting for them to join one of the facebook groups and post pictures up, but nothing so far.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ridered74

Quote from: SM105K on February 08, 2022, 08:37:19 AM
I love that 10 speed!

It is nice for sure. Slightly sad to say I really don't miss the SHO at all. Like not one single thing about it. The ST has everything the SHO had and more. Added bonus, I don't have to make that old man groaning noise when I'm getting out of the vehicle.

SM105K

Quote from: ridered74 on February 08, 2022, 11:25:37 PM
I love that 10 speed!

It is nice for sure. Slightly sad to say I really don't miss the SHO at all. Like not one single thing about it. The ST has everything the SHO had and more. Added bonus, I don't have to make that old man groaning noise when I'm getting out of the vehicle.

I wouldn't doubt it.  I find it increasingly difficult to get out of my SHO as well.  Even with two good knees now.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ridered74

Quote from: SM105K on February 09, 2022, 08:58:29 AM
Quote from: ridered74 on February 08, 2022, 11:25:37 PM
I love that 10 speed!

I wouldn't doubt it.  I find it increasingly difficult to get out of my SHO as well.  Even with two good knees now.

The SHO seemed like a truck to me since I was used to getting out of my 97 accord that I drive every day for work. Been looking into lift kits for it. LOL!

SHOdded

you can take your ride up a few notches when ready :D :D congrats, and glad you are not missing the SHO!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ridered74

Quote from: SHOdded on February 27, 2022, 02:31:10 AM
you can take your ride up a few notches when ready :D :D congrats, and glad you are not missing the SHO!

Added intercooler about two weeks ago, took trap speed from 106 ish to 109 ish. Just got e sensor installed finally this weekend and switched to e30 tune.

These are much harder to launch than the SHO, I keep setting off the dragy while brake boosting. On E30 I ran a 12.4 with a 2.13 60' time, so it seems I lost close to 4 tenths during the brake boost, but now it's trapping 115-116 mph.

Weather is supposed to be warm this weekend and there is a track opening about 2.5 hours south of here, so hopefully I can get a few track passes and some legit accurate times.

SHOdded

what intercooler did you go with? have you seen the list of performance parts for 2015-2018 sports? most swap, some don't.
https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24317-the-ultimate-27tt-aftermarket-parts-thread/

these guys have since moved on, but can be of great assistance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: SHOdded on March 01, 2022, 08:53:28 AM
what intercooler did you go with? have you seen the list of performance parts for 2015-2018 sports? most swap, some don't.
https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24317-the-ultimate-27tt-aftermarket-parts-thread/

That list has Level 10 Transmission for building the 6F55 transmission. Any idea what they do to build it and if it works on the SHO?
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

SHOdded

i do not offhand. i can find out what they do for the sport and report back.

EDIT:
Level 10 Tranmissions Built 6f55

Macgyver

I am suspect on L10. For the other platform I drive. Nissan Juke. L10 did transmissions. There were two members that used their "Trans" a CVT for the AWD Jukes. They were supposedly New upgraded trans. It turns out they got junkyard trans with a new valve pack They were not rebuilt. Just cleaned up and refitted with the valve body. They used different springs to give the trans more pressure.

ridered74

Quote from: SHOdded on March 01, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

I went with the whipple since it has been tested by lots of people, but I hear mishimoto and livernois are both working on their own intecoolers.

I think that link is referring to edge ST's, not explorer ST's. As far as I've seen there really isn't anything that is cross compatible with the exporer ST's.

As for the transmission, I believe the big build guys have upgraded the flex plate in the transmission. I don't pay much attention to that stuff as I am not dumping that kind of money into mine anytime soon.