• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Turbo replacement

Started by Tjamieson, January 06, 2022, 01:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjamieson

Getting ready to replace the front turbo in my 2011 sho. Wanted to be sure i was ordering the correct turbo. On the SHO

ridered74

You want the left side turbo. Right side is the one by passenger wheel.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Tjamieson

Quote from: ridered74 on January 06, 2022, 11:42:10 PM
You want the left side turbo. Right side is the one by passenger wheel.
Thanks a lot brotha. Greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

which turbo you are replacing will determine how much labor it will take. one takes 2 hrs, the other 6.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Tjamieson

Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2022, 07:54:10 AM
which turbo you are replacing will determine how much labor it will take. one takes 2 hrs, the other 6.
The left side. I can hear the turbo bearings rattling around when i start the car, of course dumping white smoke like crazy as well. Any tips/other parts to buy on the replacement you can think of? I

Macgyver

Quote from: Tjamieson on January 10, 2022, 05:50:16 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2022, 07:54:10 AM
The left side. I can hear the turbo bearings rattling around when i start the car, of course dumping white smoke like crazy as well. Any tips/other parts to buy on the replacement you can think of? I

If you are going to do one. Do both. Its more labor and money but worth it for peace of mind.