• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 escape 2.0 U0109 fuel pump module

Started by bfisher01bf!, December 10, 2021, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfisher01bf!

my 2016 escaape 2.0 running the race chips module was having fits with the dreaded U0109 lost communication to fuel pump module. same thing when i turn over to my livernois tuner. tried all summer long to nail this problem changing the module, testing wires and cleaning contact points, checking fuses etc. i felt a slight miss at high boost RPM'S so i figured time to change the plugs otherwise the car ran great. looks to me under my usb microscope the fine wire electrode melted. otherwise the plug is fine. what could have caused this? bad plug? no codes thrown except for the U0109 and it's gone now. just for your info these are denso iridium power ITV22 one heat range cooler than the stock plugs. also it had motorcrafts in when i changed them and nothing wrong with them. just changed them at the 40,000 mark.

SHOdded

Denso plugs are generally good, but i still see Motorcraft as more reliable (except for counterfeits lol).  see if you can find a motorcraft plug in a similar heat range.

as for FPM or FPCM, check bulletins on NHTSA site. may simply need a cleaning of the connector or replacement entirely.  i know on the first gen 2.0 in the Edge, there was an occasional FPM and/or HPFP failure.
https://www.nhtsa.gov

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bfisher01bf!

weird thing is as soon as i replaced the plugs the code went away.