• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Here is my toy

Started by MikeB, January 13, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB

So even though I've been having some fun digging into the Flex, it is still considered the family hauler and not the toy. I think I'm happy with it is other than dialing in the tune more if needed.  I figured you guys would like my build thread on my '87 Buick Grand National.

Happy reading:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/extreme-budget-gn-build-thread.357048/

EcoPowerParts

WOW I wish I had a tenth of your skills!
Will you be my friend.... :)
I have always wanted a GN, I swear one day I'll get one!!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

MikeB

A decent amound of this build was "learn as I go". I spent lots up time reading up and analyzing shows before I jumped in.

GN's are a PITA to work on and get running right. Unless you are willing do spend lots of time under the hood you may not want one.  I still love mine though. Another month and I should have it all back together.

turbodave

Nice work! and great write up Mike!!  Have pity on those of us that have to keep two of them up!  8)

Now, when you going to restore that other (what is it a 59 or 60, can't see rear fins to tell) Buick???
2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
Chrystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
87 Buick Grand National
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

MikeB

It's a '59 LeSabre. I will start picking away at it after I get the GN finished up. Right now it is serving as a holder for all my GN parts.  ;D

EcoBrick Bob

My Dad had a 59' Electra 225 in metallic red, as his business car in 59'.

Your's with it's history should be a great project car.

Looking forward to seeing GN results at the strip!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

MikeB

Very cool about the Electra. So that one had a 401 in it. Mine has a 364 2bbl with a 2 speed dynaflow. I intend to keep it pretty original. Maybe some old Offy dress up parts, a 4bbl, power brakes, and maybe ride tech suspension.

The GN pulled off an 11.63@118 with a poor 60ft last year. Next time out I will have a better tune, more boost, and some traction. Hopefully I will get it back together by march.

EcoBrick Bob

In 56' Dad had a 98 Olds Holiday HDTP that was dark Rose and creme with the spinners, and Mom had a metallic Blue Cadillac Eldorado Seville (coupe)  with a light blue vinyl top.  That one had 2 - 4 barrels and the bat-wing air cleaner.  One of his construction superintendents rolled the Olds, like 3 times.  Lucky he wasn't hurt bad... Car had a 45 deg slant!

In the 50's & 60's we had lots of cool cars, that would be classics today.

Wish I had been smart enough to keep some of them, and aquire a GN when they were reasonable.  That's why I'm keeping the G8's.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.