• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My 2016 Audi S3 2.0L AWD, 500 HP, 600 Plus FT LBS "Spontaneous Combustion"

Started by irondoor19, October 15, 2021, 11:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So it was my Avitar and what i thought to be my Favorite Car Ever, 170 MPH, 12.1 @ 110 First Time Out at Trails and i did not know how to launch the thing. SO about one month ago brought it to the Detailer for the full Blown Detail Job W Graphizine, ETC. Dropped off on a Thursday, Supposed to pic it up Monday, Got the Call at 3.00 AM (never answered) and again at 8.00 AM, Detail guy was stammering (i said Spit it Out, thought they wrecked it or it was stolen) HE SAID: Your Car Spontaneously Combusted and Burnt the Detail Shop and most of the 12 unit Building (5 Other Business Got smoke and Water Damage)..So Pics of before and Video of the Car on Utube from the News.
So needless to say I am NOT An Audi Fan anymore >:D  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hYp9y5_eLQ
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Macgyver

Oh Wow. That is absolutely terrible. At least no one was hurt.

I am sure insurance wont replace the cars real value.

ridered74

Sorry to hear about your car.

Side note if plain city is where you take your car to get detailed, you should be running at marion county raceway!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

irondoor19

Yea i knew that,
but it looks like I am done with the racing
(at least for NOW).....AND AS OF 10-16-21,
the owner of the detail shop (where the car burned)was driving at 100 Plus MPH, on RT 33 and lost control of his car,
Crashed thru a grove of trees, and was killed (on sat Morning), this situation is getting worse by the day....Very sad
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your Audi, and prayers and wishes to the family of the owner of the detail shop.  Truly sad.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!