• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is anyone there?

Started by TT Steve, September 29, 2021, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT Steve

This area is like dead. And I just joined.....

ST is just not popular yet?

ridered74

Quote from: TT Steve on September 29, 2021, 10:00:11 AM
This area is like dead. And I just joined.....

ST is just not popular yet?

There's a handful of ST owners here, but this forum in general doesn't get the action it used to.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

TT Steve

Noticed that on several forums actually. I am tired of Facebook ruining it. Forums are so much easier to navigate and choose your content.

Macgyver

Quote from: TT Steve on October 01, 2021, 04:58:08 PM
Noticed that on several forums actually. I am tired of Facebook ruining it. Forums are so much easier to navigate and choose your content.

I agree. I have an 2020 Edge ST in Red. Facebook is just for ADD peeps essentially. You do get info but it is in dribs and drabs. Same info over and over and over. Whats the best oil. Why is the trans shift funky etc etc.

Not really any active forums out there as you stated. So you need to digest info where you can.

SHOdded

The Ford Edge ST is a relatively "new" product.  It is the next stage of the 2015-18 Sport, utilizing the same basic engine with an all new transmission.  Not many tweaks on it yet, but i suspect many of the mods for the Sport can transfer over to the ST.

ST owners also get a chance at this
https://fordauthority.com/2019/06/explaining-ford-st-suv-experience/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TT Steve

Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2021, 06:43:36 AM
The Ford Edge ST is a relatively "new" product.  It is the next stage of the 2015-18 Sport, utilizing the same basic engine with an all new transmission.  Not many tweaks on it yet, but i suspect many of the mods for the Sport can transfer over to the ST.

For the most part it is the same as the Sport.  I have all the bolt-ons you can get less upgraded turbos.

Macgyver

Quote from: SHOdded on October 03, 2021, 06:43:36 AM

Yeah I got the letter and you have a year to do it. Right in the middle of COVID so travel is all messed up etc and Ford said its too bad but we will not extend your invitation.......

Efff Ford.

SwampRat

I was hoping that this group was still active , Looks to be not what it used to be .

I just recently bought a new 21 Edge ST and looking for availability on upgrade options

So far all I
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Macgyver

Quote from: SwampRat on October 30, 2021, 03:48:32 PM
I was hoping that this group was still active , Looks to be not what it used to be .

I just recently bought a new 21 Edge ST and looking for availability on upgrade options

There are upgrades. No different than other large Ecoboosts. SHO, FLEX, Explorer. There are not as many options.

Intercooler. CAI. Hard Pipes, Exhaust. Ram air. Lowering springs. ETC

There is just about something for every part you want.

Fewer choices do make the choice easier.

SwampRat

No upgrades ? ?

I see unleashed tuning sells an upgraded intercooler

Who makes the hard pipes / hot pipes to go with it ?

Seems to be a fair amount according to your list
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Macgyver

EPP. The Fusion Sport pipes line right up.