• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intermittent stutter under load

Started by bubbarotondo21, September 07, 2021, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbarotondo21

Hey yall i got a fun one for ya. My 13 taurus sho has been having a random "stutter" issue under load. What happens is when im partial throttle the wastegate will open and i cant build boost and it causes the car to buck and fall on its face before it figures itself out and gets back into it. It also happens when im at WOT usually only between the 2-3 shift. At first i thought it was the knock sensor pulling timing but Ive had it happen and read less than a degree of knock on data logs. This is starting to worry me so any piggybacking would be helpful. pls ask me any questions id be happy to answer. I also have many logs saved.
2013 Taurus SHO non-pp; Unleashed 93 tune, air raid intake, ratstat 170 Thermostat, 2.5 bar map, muffler delete, VTA

Macgyver

Most of my issues went away by flashing to stock for a hundred miles per say then reflashing the tune.

You could try a KAM reset too.

SHOdded

any codes?  please post at least one representative datalog for forum members to analyze. or load it up on a spreadsheet site on the web and post a link here.

common issues include c clips coming loose on the wastegates as well as the diaphragm tearing in the blowoff valves. also hoses coming off the solenoid atop the manifod.

doesn't hurt to make sure the tps, the IAT and MAP sensors are clean, and that the intercooler is not gunked up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bubbarotondo21

Quote from: SHOdded on September 22, 2021, 07:22:13 PM
any codes?  please post at least one representative datalog for forum members to analyze. or load it up on a spreadsheet site on the web and post a link here.

common issues include c clips coming loose on the wastegates as well as the diaphragm tearing in the blowoff valves. also hoses coming off the solenoid atop the manifod.

doesn't hurt to make sure the tps, the IAT and MAP sensors are clean, and that the intercooler is not gunked up.

I have a real short data log from about 2 months ago that catches it happening that I will attach. No codes that I have seen so far, i havent checked the wastegates yet but the hoses on my solenoid are on good and not rotted, from what I can tell IAT and MAP look ok. How can i go about checking my intercooler?
2013 Taurus SHO non-pp; Unleashed 93 tune, air raid intake, ratstat 170 Thermostat, 2.5 bar map, muffler delete, VTA

SHOdded

i believe there are a couple of posts on this, but basically you take the outlet hose off the CAC and carefully insert the engine oil dipstick in there to measure how much is accumulated.  if you have a usb borescope, that would work as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!