• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torrie and Unleashed Tuning - Ghosting Customer Service

Started by svtjsp, August 30, 2021, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svtjsp

New to this forum however not new to any of this aftermarket stuff and such.  Work in the auto industry for over 25 years with extensive base engine and calibration experience / knowledge.  I only mention this because this does offer some credibility to this post  Not here to troll anyone, however it is important for me to offer up my recent experience with Torrie.   

I have a MKZ 3.0L.  Was going to purchase the Unleashed powerpackage and had intentions of also purchasing the intercooler.

Sent Torrie a couple emails to get acquainted, especially with the tune as my car is still under factory warranty and also considering the 2k in costs for this stuff.  (I am extremely knowledgeable of the OEM warranty system and aftermarket parts - especially when flashing the PCM.  Dealers can easily see that and void warranty.   Proving your case otherwise is very costly - the OEM's have much more resources than the average consumer - me included).  Initially, Torrie was responding nearly immediately to my emails.  Unsure what set him off, however he then stopped responding all together.  Zero replies - nothing.  Even asked him why and again nothing - no reply no nothing - seriously.   

I then sent him another email from an alternate email address - and go figure, he responded within minutes.  Asked him why he did not respond to my other emails and Nothing - No Response No Nothing.  Complete ghosting - high school kind of behavior.  Unsure if he thinks he is some sort of savant or premadonna, but that is just bad business. 

I then asked Torrie if I purchased the powerpackage, would he support the purchase of this package and the tunes for my vehicle.  Again, Zero Reply - No Nothing - as I anticipated.  Needless to say, I did not and will not patronize this business and reward this type of behavior.  Ghosting is so juvenile. 

I am sure many here have had good dealings with him, however, my direct experience has shown him to be quite unprofessional - Ghosting is so juvenile.

Had I dropped the 2k for the powerpackage and intercooler and then had questions / issues and received this type of ghosting, it would have been a very unfortunate situation. I have read of others here with similar dealings with Torrie and him completely stopping all emails and communication.  Ever try and reach Torrie by phone - you can't no phone number listed anywhere - easy to hide behind emails and such.  No store front either.....I wonder why.....

Just sharing my direct experience with Torrie from Unleashed tuning. 

Caveat emptor

Ta2dResqr

Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

mystery101

He's been like that as far as I can remember. I don't recommend him or use his files no longer because of such behavior.

Quote from: svtjsp on August 30, 2021, 08:55:01 PM
New to this forum however not new to any of this aftermarket stuff and such.  Work in the auto industry for over 25 years with extensive base engine and calibration experience / knowledge.  I only mention this because this does offer some credibility to this post  Not here to troll anyone, however it is important for me to offer up my recent experience with Torrie.   

I have a MKZ 3.0L.  Was going to purchase the Unleashed powerpackage and had intentions of also purchasing the intercooler.

Sent Torrie a couple emails to get acquainted, especially with the tune as my car is still under factory warranty and also considering the 2k in costs for this stuff.  (I am extremely knowledgeable of the OEM warranty system and aftermarket parts - especially when flashing the PCM.  Dealers can easily see that and void warranty.   Proving your case otherwise is very costly - the OEM's have much more resources than the average consumer - me included).  Initially, Torrie was responding nearly immediately to my emails.  Unsure what set him off, however he then stopped responding all together.  Zero replies - nothing.  Even asked him why and again nothing - no reply no nothing - seriously.   

I then sent him another email from an alternate email address - and go figure, he responded within minutes.  Asked him why he did not respond to my other emails and Nothing - No Response No Nothing.  Complete ghosting - high school kind of behavior.  Unsure if he thinks he is some sort of savant or premadonna, but that is just bad business. 

I then asked Torrie if I purchased the powerpackage, would he support the purchase of this package and the tunes for my vehicle.  Again, Zero Reply - No Nothing - as I anticipated.  Needless to say, I did not and will not patronize this business and reward this type of behavior.  Ghosting is so juvenile. 

I am sure many here have had good dealings with him, however, my direct experience has shown him to be quite unprofessional - Ghosting is so juvenile.

Had I dropped the 2k for the powerpackage and intercooler and then had questions / issues and received this type of ghosting, it would have been a very unfortunate situation. I have read of others here with similar dealings with Torrie and him completely stopping all emails and communication.  Ever try and reach Torrie by phone - you can't no phone number listed anywhere - easy to hide behind emails and such.  No store front either.....I wonder why.....

Just sharing my direct experience with Torrie from Unleashed tuning. 

Caveat emptor
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)