• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FORSCAN - Disable Double Honk for Rear Hatch

Started by EcoHell, August 30, 2021, 07:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoHell

After purchasing EcoHell, I quickly purchased a license to use the Forscan program to disable the dreaded double honk feature.  However, when shopping the other day, I opened the rear hatch first to load packages.  Upon completion, I hit the button (on the rear hatch) to close the rear hatch and began walking the shopping cart to the "cart corral". 

While walking the cart, EcoHell gave the dreaded double honk.  After returning home, I plugged in Forscan to verify my code(s) were entered correctly.  (if you read EcoHell's thread I just replaced my battery and installed a High Output Alternator).  I was thinking that the Forscan codes I entered previously were wiped, but it was not the case.

Sooooo.. has anyone gotten rid of the dreaded "rear hatch door" double honk?   

Macgyver

I have never trusted myself with it. Too worried I will do too much and screw something up.

EcoHell

Quote from: Macgyver on August 30, 2021, 08:22:10 PMI have never trusted myself with it. Too worried I will do too much and screw something up.

LOL.  I hear ya.  With your Explorer "not running", can you lock your vehicle, open the rear hatch fully, then close the rear hatch and see if you receive the two horn honk?  Just curious if a stock non-Forscan modded Explorer does this as well.

EcoHell

Well, i got more of a response from another forum, so I will just cut and paste my ending post to my issue...

".........Now, I would ask that this thread be deleted, but it may help someone else out.. I played the Stupid Game and won the Stupid Prize. The Forscan programming works as it should.

HOWEVER, if you leave your 2nd key inside the vehicle and open and close the rear hatch while your vehicle is locked, it will give you the dreaded two horn honk after it closes. In my original post, I had my backpack in my vehicle which had my 2nd key.

So yes, laugh at my expense..LOL.

Just completed the following..
Test 1) without key in vehicle -
engine running[/b], exit vehicle, lock doors. Open and close rear hatch.
Results: NO two horn honk.
Test 2) with 2nd key in vehicle -
engine running, exit vehicle, lock doors. Open and close rear hatch.
Test 3) without key in vehicle -
engine not running[/b], exit vehicle, lock door. Open and close rear hatch.
And we all know Test 4, which is what I went through.

All four tests were conducted twice. Once where I locked the vehicle and did not wait for the interior lights to dim and then waiting for the interior lights to dim.

Lesson for the day: The Forscan programming to disable the two horn honk will give you the two horn honk for the rear hatch, ONLY if you have the 2nd key in the vehicle and the engine is NOT running."