• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

timing chain service

Started by Connor J, August 19, 2021, 12:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connor J

So I just picked up a 2015 SHO PP with 80k miles and everything is doing fine but I am thinking about doing a timing chain service because I'm pretty sure the 3.5 EcoBoost is an interference engine. I know about the water pump issue so I would replace that with a billet one from Livernois. What other items would be good to replace while the timing cover is off?

Thanks for the help! 

Macgyver

It is not like they just Pop. They usually give you warning and the water pump certainly does give you a warning. I would drive it like you stole it and have some fun.

Throw a 93+ tune on it or if you have Ethanol. An E30 tune. They are beasty with just tunes.

SHOdded

chains, tensioners, MAYbe guides, vct solenoids, water pump should all be done at the same time.  oil pump is optional and easily accessible while in there anyway. best to use all Motorcraft parts, custom parts may or may not be warrantied or have a longevity history.

check the flex forums for a parts list done for a 2010 to 2012 parts conversion.  it is pretty comprehensive.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!