• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Taurus SHO, PCM issues

Started by withku, August 03, 2021, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

withku

Hey all, my 2010 has been acting up lately. A while ago, my a/c stopped working intermittently, air just got hot and humid. I reset my APIM , and that solved it for a couple weeks. It's back to working about half the time. I checked codes though ForScan, and my PCM isn't receiving the required voltage, and multiple other modules lost communication with the PCM, including my APIM. I checked my battery and alternator, both are good. Bad PCM? What are your thoughts?

2010 Taurus SHO w/ stage 4 LMS T460

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

do you have a list of codes? were all codes related to the same module or multiple modules? how did you check your battery/alternator? nowadays need a digital tester like the Solar BA9 to get an accurate idea of health. sometimes the alternator will send a DC ripple thru the battery and can affect multiple modules this way. this can be checked with a digital multimeter, no special equipment required.

sometimes there is a bad ground or bad fuse/relay in the mix.  check anything in the BJB that controls power to the PCM.  also pull the PCM connectors at the firewall, check for dirt/water/rust, clean / grease and reconnect.  definitely had a case or two of bad PCMs on these SHOs (unrelated to bricking). and i THINK it was a 2010 as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!