• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random Pull/Torque Steer after new moog lower control arms.

Started by mystery101, July 25, 2021, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystery101

2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)

xartic1

Quote from: mystery101 on December 30, 2021, 11:42:11 PM
?

Sweet, still looks like Tapatalk hasn’t figured out this issue with replies.

What I stated was something along the lines of that my vibration issue was due to the knuckle bushing on the rear where the control arm connects to. Completely worn out and I replaced it with a Moog bushing since I don’t really have faith in Dorman. I would love to swap the knuckle bushing with a poly along with the front control arms for more rigidity and for long term durability.

I replace almost all my bushings in my Ex with new parts since they aren’t that expensive but having 120K miles on the vehicle just gives me a piece of mind while hitting some turns pretty hard.
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

hawkeye93

I also replaced my LCA with Moog.  The Moog arms do not use a castle nut, and I have had an issue with the ball joint loosening.  You can't get a socket on the nut; you need to use a crowfoot wrench, and it can be difficult to get the necessary torque on the ball joint nut.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

mystery101

On the moogs. I tightened them down as tight as they would go. You shouldn't need a crowsfoot. I did it with a 11mm on the stud and a long wrench. However my issue was not caused by loose ball joints. The moog lcas came with subpar forward bushings from factory without metal spacers and no matter how tight you go with the bolt the bushing barely contacts the frame and allows too much lateral movement.
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)