• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any advice on how to improve 1/4 mile times?

Started by CTurbos, July 17, 2021, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTurbos

Hey everyone, i'll start off that i'm new to the forum and came here hoping maybe some of you could help me figure out what i am missing here. My car is a 2011 non pp, i saved it from a consignment auction and gave her a new home. Since I have replaced the engine due to the fact it had jumped time before i had purchased it. I then tuned the car, added gearhead turbos, intercooler, xdi 35, stainless works catless dps, AD mounts, EPP intake, and MSD coils. the car is tuned on e30 at the moment and i cant seem to get a dragy better then 13.49 in the 1/4 mile. I typically brake boost around 2000-2200 rpm. I have some all season pirellis on at the moment and i wonder if that may be whats holding me up. When i tracked the car before i had recieved my xdi 35, running only 93 oct pump gas i managed to make a pass of 13.37 at the track. In the Logs everything seems to be doing ok. The car is full weight but I just feel like i'm running tune only times here, or even stock when the car is far from it. The time has to be getting lost somewhere

2011 Ford Taurus SHO| Gearhead Turbos| Gearhead Intercooler| Stainless Works Catless Downpipes| XDI-35| AD Mounts| E30 GH Tune| EPP Intake|

ridered74

You're definitely losing all your time in the first 1/8 mile. I'm usually at 91-92 mph at the 1/8, so you're a good bit slower there. I have same mods other than I'm on stock turbos. What psi are your tires at?

What does dragy show your 0-60 time as?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Macgyver

Launching the yacht is what helps. 60 foot is where you are losing time. Most get 1.7-1.9. Lowish tire pressure around 26psi depending on the rubber you have.

I would also say the tune. My 2015 SHO was a friggin BEAST with an AJP Turbo E30 tune. Never tracked it tho. Pulled like a freight train above 60mph (3rd gear). So much better than 93 or OEM.

CTurbos

I appreciate your guys replies, i have both GH and Ortiz tunes. Lately i have been running just the gearhead because my car seems to like it better so that's what i started logging with first. Looks like im close to 10-12 mph slower then you in the 1/8 holy cow! 8.77 1/8th on dragy with 2.10 60ft. Tire pressure is 28 psi all around on the streets. Got a tip from a vet ecoboost enthusiast that he only saw improvement in tire psi at the track of 23 in the front 28 in the rear. So that's what i run on the track. I'm not really blowing the wheels off when im launching either other then a little chirp so im not entirely sure if its an issue with it hooking, for some reason it just feels like its not pulling out like it should be off the launch, i'm wondering if the stock tq converter can't handle the power thats getting put to it.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO| Gearhead Turbos| Gearhead Intercooler| Stainless Works Catless Downpipes| XDI-35| AD Mounts| E30 GH Tune| EPP Intake|

Macgyver

Quote from: CTurbos on July 18, 2021, 09:55:30 PM
I appreciate your guys replies, i have both GH and Ortiz tunes. Lately i have been running just the gearhead because my car seems to like it better so that's what i started logging with first. Looks like im close to 10-12 mph slower then you in the 1/8 holy cow! 8.77 1/8th on dragy with 2.10 60ft. Tire pressure is 28 psi all around on the streets. Got a tip from a vet ecoboost enthusiast that he only saw improvement in tire psi at the track of 23 in the front 28 in the rear. So that's what i run on the track. I'm not really blowing the wheels off when im launching either other then a little chirp so im not entirely sure if its an issue with it hooking, for some reason it just feels like its not pulling out like it should be off the launch, i'm wondering if the stock tq converter can't handle the power thats getting put to it.

Are they stock tunes per say or have you data logged and had multiple revisions ?

Your numbers are not much better than an OEM car. You should be in the very low 12's imho depending on the DA and track conditions.

ridered74

Quote from: Macgyver on July 19, 2021, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: CTurbos on July 18, 2021, 09:55:30 PM

Are they stock tunes per say or have you data logged and had multiple revisions ?

Your numbers are not much better than an OEM car. You should be in the very low 12's imho depending on the DA and track conditions.

Agreed...even if your tires are absolute crap you should still be able to hit 12's easily. I can launch from idle and not lose more than a tenth or two off my time.

If you haven't already sent Matt a log that's the first thing I would do. I'd send him a pic of the time slip too.

Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Blackhawk

This car should be running at least high 11s with all those mods.  Any luck working with your tuners ?