• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE catted downpipes missing 02 sensor bung

Started by mike2225, June 15, 2021, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike2225

Any who orders these pipes check them before you install.. I ordered a set back in February which took about 9 weeks to get to me. I unfortunately didnt inspect them well enough before they went back in the box and off to my mechanic. I got a call today from my mechanic thinking my car was ready, but it was to tell me one of my downpipes was missing an 02 bung. Also the picture on their site shows a one piece design which i didnt receive which feels a little misleading. For $1400+ I expected a little more 
2015 SHO w/ PP  AJP Turbo 93 tune

ridered74

That's disappointing. They do have really good customer service tho, so if you haven't already contacted them, give them a call. I'm sure they'll take care of you as quickly as possible.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Macgyver

TopherSho

I checked my replacements, they have the bungs.  And also are two piece .. I am wondering if the two piece is why mine wont fit my 2010.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Leadfoot

Wow, the price has really gone up... but so has everything else.
Had two sets of PPE pipes, no issues, and the second set actually worked better than the originals which were 6 years old. One of the original group purchases when they started on the forum. No problems with fit or bungs.

Here's a link to an old post showing the difference between original and latest rendition.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,10398.msg156948.html#msg156948
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

Macgyver

Quote from: Leadfoot on June 19, 2021, 07:34:21 PM
Wow, the price has really gone up... but so has everything else.
Had two sets of PPE pipes, no issues, and the second set actually worked better than the originals which were 6 years old. One of the original group purchases when they started on the forum. No problems with fit or bungs.

Here's a link to an old post showing the difference between original and latest rendition.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,10398.msg156948.html#msg156948

Quite a difference for sure. Good info.

FearlessAZ

They went to a 2 piece design about a year or 2 ago. If I remember right, it was to help with shipping and install.

They have always had really good quality and customer service. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)