• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 ford sho blue smoke on decel

Started by Maxdog556, June 12, 2021, 10:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxdog556

I recently bought a 2010 ford sho that had a broken front turbo, i bought two cr engineering upgraded turbos. I also removed all three cats and resonator, the only problem iam having is when i get on it and once i release the gas pedal and start to decel it smoke blue and i can smell oil burning and see it at the stop light then it goes away, at idle it doesn't smoke but if iam in park and bring the rpms up to 2500 and hold it for a few minutes then the smoke comes out. I looks like the previous owner has already replaced the rear valve cover and pvc with the canister, in need of help? also the compression was good as well.

Macgyver

It is possible a new turbo seal is bad. I doubt that is the case.

Valve seals would show blue smoke on start up for the most part.

Are you sure its oil and not a really rich condition ? I know you can smell it.

On a non smoke question. Did you tune for the new turbos ?

6500rpm

I  just ran my car in Oasis last week and was reading through TSB's/SSM's and recall seeing something dealing with an intermittent smoking issue/oil use dealing with the pcv valve. Mine is a 13, but it may still be applicable to your 2010. I'll look it up in a bit and post.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!