• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

All at once fueling issues

Started by EvoSHO, June 04, 2021, 08:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvoSHO

So 2013 SHO 91K miles, unleashed tune, 3 bar, intake, no cats DPs. 
Car had sudden misfire.  Dealer diagnosed fuel pressure sensor at rail.  Fixed and car drove fine for a month.  Then same miss and white smoke.  Checked the smoke and smelled strongly of fuel.  Went ahead and replaced fuel pressure sensor at tank, replaced ALL injectors with brand new units, new plugs, fresh oil change.

Car turned but no fire.  ONLY code showing is P00C6 that states:
If the high-pressure fuel system cannot achieve this threshold within a certain time and crankshaft rotation limits, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) attempts to start the engine at fuel pump module pressure and sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P00C6.

Only thing I can think of the damn HPFP crapped itself.  I have ordered a new unit.

Any other possible insight?

shoryde

Check all the plugs and connections from replacing the injectors. There are a lot of plugs up there that might not be fully seated 100%. I am running into a similar misfire only at WOT. Can you explain the misfire you are also seeing? Only in high RPM? Higher boost?

FYI, I am running DW 1700 injectors and was having Unleashed tune my system as well and he said it was not clear as to why I was getting misfires at wot. It looked ignition related. This weekend I am taking it 100% back to stock with a knock off set of injectors to see if they are the cause of my misfire. Apparently DW injectors have been an issue with some people.

EvoSHO

Quote from: shoryde on June 04, 2021, 11:05:30 AM
Check all the plugs and connections from replacing the injectors. There are a lot of plugs up there that might not be fully seated 100%. I am running into a similar misfire only at WOT. Can you explain the misfire you are also seeing? Only in high RPM? Higher boost?

FYI, I am running DW 1700 injectors and was having Unleashed tune my system as well and he said it was not clear as to why I was getting misfires at wot. It looked ignition related. This weekend I am taking it 100% back to stock with a knock off set of injectors to see if they are the cause of my misfire. Apparently DW injectors have been an issue with some people.

Checked all connections across the board and even replaced fuel pump control module. 
My misfire was at low RPMs specifically at idle

Macgyver

Quote from: EvoSHO on June 04, 2021, 08:54:35 AM
Car had sudden misfire.  Dealer diagnosed fuel pressure sensor at rail.  Fixed and car drove fine for a month.  Then same miss and white smoke.  Checked the smoke and smelled strongly of fuel.  Went ahead and replaced fuel pressure sensor at tank, replaced ALL injectors with brand new units, new plugs, fresh oil change.

If the high-pressure fuel system cannot achieve this threshold within a certain time and crankshaft rotation limits, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) attempts to start the engine at fuel pump module pressure and sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P00C6.

Only thing I can think of the damn HPFP crapped itself.  I have ordered a new unit.

Cheap part to throw at it would be the LPFP relay. It is behind the passenger rear seatback carpet fire wall area.

EvoSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on June 04, 2021, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: EvoSHO on June 04, 2021, 08:54:35 AM

Cheap part to throw at it would be the LPFP relay. It is behind the passenger rear seatback carpet fire wall area.

Yep did that as well

shoryde

EvoSHO

Quote from: shoryde on June 04, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
Fuses all good?
Did not think to check that anything in particular I should be looking for?

SHOdded

Any updates? 2013 was not only a facelift year for the SHO.  Many changes were scattered throughout, from PCM to brakes/suspension.  Came with many TSBs and some recalls as a result.

you have already tried sensor and fpcm as fixes.  check to see if the pcv valve assembly needs replacing (bank 1).  that and the purge valve are often problems when no other fixes seem to work.  would be good to clean the IAT and MAP sensors as well (MAF sensor cleaner).  When did you upgrade to the 3 bar sensor? circulating oil could very well be the issue with your SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!