• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Should you tune an SHO you daily?

Started by Seraphim312, May 26, 2021, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seraphim312

Trying to plan out a decent tune on my new 2016 SHO, the only thing im worried about is the wear on the car. I plan on using the car long term since it'll be my daily, so I would need to see what tuning method makes the least amount of stress on the engine.

I was thinking about the following
- 2.25 downpipes
- Magnaflow with resonator delete
- Airaid coldair intake
- thermostat
- 93 tune
- gearhead intercooler? (looking for advice or experience)
- coldair sparkplugs? (looking for advice or experience)

Anyone have any thoughts on this set up? Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

ridered74

My first SHO I bought with 102K miles, tuned it around 110K and sold it with 170K miles never had a single issue with it. Current SHO bought with 32K miles tuned it immediately and daily drove it up until two summers ago when my job changed and I had to drive all day every day. I still put a little over 10-15K miles on it a year and wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country if I needed to.

Regular oil changes with good quality oil are the most important thing you can do along with all the other fluids.

Sounds like you have a good plan mapped out already. One step colder plugs can be found here: https://www.ghtuning.com/product/ford-performance-ecoboost-m-12405-35t-gapped-spark-plugs-0-026-0-028/
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Seraphim312

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking for the right set of these too! Appreciate help man.

Macgyver

Tune away.

If you  live near E85 and are in fear of a gas shortage. AJP turbo does a conservative E85 tune.