• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

17 SHO PP -- what next ?

Started by 777driver, May 24, 2021, 10:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

777driver

Picked this up when a buddy bought his for an airport car

17 sho PP 30k miles. 

GHT intercooler
GHT turbos
Evo Pump
water meth
e30 tune
exhaust (waiting on PPE DP still)
hard pipe charge/intake kit (forgot the name)
Thermostate, plugs, livewire etc
Powerstop rtrs and pads

Have money but lil time right now so I can throw stuff at it all day long. What else do people do to these things to make them run ?

Car is just blah....

17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune

TopherSho

Quote from: 777driver on May 24, 2021, 10:23:24 PM

Picked this up when a buddy bought his for an airport car

17 sho PP 30k miles. 

GHT intercooler
GHT turbos
Evo Pump
water meth
e30 tune
exhaust (waiting on PPE DP still)
hard pipe charge/intake kit (forgot the name)
Thermostate, plugs, livewire etc
Powerstop rtrs and pads

Have money but lil time right now so I can throw stuff at it all day long. What else do people do to these things to make them run ?

Car is just blah....

If you mean the car is 'blah' WITH those mods you must drive much faster cars normally :D

With the above mods you should be at 400-420hp@wheels and north of 450FTlbs @ wheel and running nominally 12.2 to 12.3 1/4 miles with a 0-60 of ''around'' 4.3 on untreated surfaces
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Bronco2fan

Pics or it didn't happen. Really, that SHO should be throwing your head back every time you get on it.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

777driver

Pics lol seriously ok

posted pic below that everything GHT has...

What are you like 5 ?  Im just trying to pick the brains of some of you guys because there is some good info to be had.  No its not my fastest car, No its not my only car, Its my airport car and a nice sleeper if it will run. Friend bought one and I needed a beater and liked it and bought one too. So I bought the car and all the stuff ght had on a layover in Japan. Got back and we both put it all together.  Im a 777 pilot and do pretty well and my wife makes more than me so I can afford to just buy everything at once and pay cash. I don't have time though we both do a lot a charitable work as well. I need to get the car down to Matt and have it tuned but that takes time. Im bored and overseas in a hotel so though Id order some more stuff is all.

My buddies car does run hard, LMS. feels like 12.0-12.2 car and my butt has been calibrated from 35yrs of drag racing.
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune

777driver

Quote from: Bronco2fan on May 25, 2021, 01:13:45 PM
Pics or it didn't happen. Really, that SHO should be throwing your head back every time you get on it.

IF you're still in doubt call GHT and ask if some dude bought all that from a bar in Japan. They'll remember.  I frankly don't have time for the kid games.  They (GHT) have a torque converter that I should have bought for cheap but they don't install. Talked to them a week ago and they are nice people. Told them it just wasn't going to be enough for me. We're going to have to figure out where to go next.

nickstewartroc

So at this point, you have all the mods, it's just that none of them are installed? Your post is a little confusing. Other than what's on your list, it seems like you are about topped out for performance mods. The only thing that might net you more would be swapping the evo pump for a 60% pump
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

777driver

Quote from: nickstewartroc on May 26, 2021, 09:34:11 AM
So at this point, you have all the mods, it's just that none of them are installed? Your post is a little confusing. Other than what's on your list, it seems like you are about topped out for performance mods. The only thing that might net you more would be swapping the evo pump for a 60% pump

What ???? installed where????

Oh no, some dude above needs pics or something. I took that before the install and actually took pics of the frankesntien box GHT put together. I guess people on here need pics of everything or its all made up. ROFLMAO!

TopherSho

Quote from: 777driver on May 26, 2021, 09:38:54 AM

What ??? ? installed where? ???

Oh no, some dude above needs pics or something. I took that before the install and actually took pics of the frankesntien box GHT put together. I guess people on here need pics of everything or its all made up. ROFLMAO!

The SHO is not a wundercar by any means.  A basic Civic with 5K in botl-ons parts and front slicks will win every time by a VERY WIDE margin.  We build them to be comfy sleepers. but ... Based on your antisocial and offensive  sig, I am done with the thread and you.

""
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune, etc etc.. gets raped and pegged by about everything on the road. I actually pack a lunch for after the 660ft. I once was overtaken by a Prius full of clowns and balloons""
[size=0.85em][/size][/color]
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

777driver

Quote from: TopherSho on May 26, 2021, 02:33:31 PM

The SHO is not a wundercar by any means.  A basic Civic with 5K in botl-ons parts and front slicks will win every time by a VERY WIDE margin.  We build them to be comfy sleepers. but ... Based on your antisocial and offensive  sig, I am done with the thread and you.

""
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune, etc etc.. gets raped and pegged by about everything on the road. I actually pack a lunch for after the 660ft. I once was overtaken by a Prius full of clowns and balloons""
[size=0.85em][/size][/color]

Wow could you post pics of how mad you are because without those it never really happened

bahahahaha

Im just looking for ideas and all of a sudden I get questioned with having to have pictures like I would be lying about a freaking ford Taurus ..... WOW any grown ups with big boy pants actually want to suggest where to look next

nickstewartroc: thanks for being an adult

Yeah I would agree on the pump, however right now I don't seem to be having fueling issues on the logs. Ive thought about doing that pump with a larger in tank and injectors for E85. Personally think an e85 tune would really wake it up but doesn't seem to be a lot of people running E85 on these. I havent quite figured out why not yet.

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: 777driver on May 26, 2021, 08:33:53 PMWOW any grown ups with big boy pants actually want to suggest where to look next

Based on your current mods and your lack of satisfaction, I suggest you throw some of the money around that you decided to try and flex and either go full tear down and build on the level of some of the guys trying to set records (fully built motors, trans, weight reduction, etc) or find a new platform. Some of that money may come in handy for an etiquette and manners class also. When coming to people asking for information and advice, bashing the platform and flaunting money will not get you far. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Bronco2fan

Dude, I was playing with you. Most of us choose to buy and install our parts ourselves as we're car people and enjoy the process. We normally can only do one thing at a time due to other financial commitments.

The parts you amassed are extensive and now the car needs tuned and data logs before it will respond. If you've had them all installed properly. Give it time and it will surprise you. If not, trade it for an Audi RS.

Good luck.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Macgyver

Quote from: TopherSho on May 26, 2021, 02:33:31 PM

""

I missed this. I am sorry. Fixed.