• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

down stream 02

Started by 777driver, May 15, 2021, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

777driver

Im working with a tuner that won't shut them off and I respect that, everything else they've done for me has worked great. So he has my business. Just trying to figure out how to go catless or use a 200cel race cat.

I can get through the sniffer inspections here in my county but I at least need the appearance that there is a cat on there. So thats not an issue at all. Since its a 5th car It won't be driven much and not worried about it killing polar bears or some amazon frog.

My turner states the rear 02 is used for trimming and car trims to the cat. On a scanner looks like the rear 02 is pulling about .7-.8 volts all the time. So wouldn't an emulator work? I can run that at the same level and it would appear all is normal to the ecu.
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune

nickstewartroc

The 02s don't really work like that, you'll have them somewhat follow the front 02s, if you gave it a static value it would throw a CEL thinking something was wrong
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

777driver

Thats exactly what I was thinking because most modern ECU's do a sort of wave comparison. However yesterday I drove both rear 02's at .8 volts and drove around for 1.5 hours and didn't throw a code. Even though the actual voltage did vary by .5 so that was probably enough.

Talked to a German car tuner and he claims its a rough comparison but on those cars if you drive them at a constant voltage it will figure it out.
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune