• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport in CT

Started by Slugger717, May 07, 2021, 09:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugger717

Hello from the Nutmeg state! Just picked up a 2017 Explorer Sport, enjoying every minute driving it! I have had several fords before, included a 2018 Ford Fiesta ST that I traded in for the Explorer. Really love what Ford has done with the Ecoboost line of engines, and really love the stock performance of this suv. I had a 2006 Trailblazer SS some years ago, and this brought back alot of the memories of that. Looking forward to learning from you all on here, as well as getting this thing tuned. Had a custom tune on my Fiesta, was amazed at what just a tune did to the power. Can't wait to see what this 3.5 can do after some programming and some bolt ons.

Cheers!
Liam

2017 Ford Explorer Sport (Stock for now)
2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000
2017 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska, my son has a twin to your Explorer, he has tuned it, and so far loves it.
Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost