• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Fusion 2.0

Started by Maranda Judith, May 03, 2021, 03:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maranda Judith

So I have questions about my 2015 Ford Fusion. This past weekend my check engine light came on it has about 80000 miles on it and it started making a very high pitch squealing noise. The squealing noise I cannot explain, I tried watching videos trying to find something that what sound similar and literally can't.  I took it in today and I got a lovely phone cost saying that my Turbo was stop and there was something about the camshaft cylinder Lloyd problem and I do know about the wastegate flapper valve issue that they have. Basically I am wondering why my trouble would go at 80000 miles and the noise was so high pitch in such a squeal and it would happen and then it would just go and stop and they have not heard it since. I know the p0012 code was appearing, car had no power, and somewhat sounded like a turbo noise that would go out by a vaccum.

SHOdded

p0012 is more likely something to do with timing. whether it is VCT solenoids or cam position sensor or phasers/timing chain, etc.

which ecoboost engine do you have in it? 2.0 or ...?

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0012

you can look up relevant recalls and TSBs on nhtsa.gov.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!