• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My new ST

Started by markssho, April 27, 2021, 11:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markssho

Kept the SHO, it's in the garage and comes out for Sunday drives or cars and coffee and car show events.
We wanted a nice new vehicle. Started driving some SUV's. Drove the Q7, X5, XC90, GV80, Aviator, and Explorer. The Audi and BMW dealer acted as if we should be honored to buy the car. The Volvo dealer was pushy. We narrowed it down to the GV80, Aviator, and Explorer.
The GV80 wasn't available with the V6. Dealer said the wait would be months. No thanks. I didn't want to spend this money for a turbo four. Plus, dealers are few and far between. One hour drive for me.
My wife loved the Aviator. We just felt it was too fancy for us. We found one, silver with optional wheels and rosewood interior. Dealer said, it's sold, going to NYC tomorrow, ha.
We wanted something sportier, so the Explorer ST was our choice.
It's faster than the stock SHO, and I think it handles better. It's our new Ecobeast.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ridered74

Love that blue color!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

PDSHO

Every time I see one of those ST Explorers I drool a little!
Nice ride.
Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

markssho

Quote from: ridered74 on April 28, 2021, 01:07:37 AM
Love that blue color!
Atlas Blue

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!