• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Downpipes finally arrived!!

Started by mike2225, April 08, 2021, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike2225

So these got dropped off last night and finally got to check them out.. Ill just say they look very well made but one of the downpipes is a 2 piece design using a slip joint. Did PPE change their design of the pipe?  open book images hd
2015 SHO w/ PP  AJP Turbo 93 tune

mike2225

After a quick search it seems like they have been making them that way for a while now.. Anyone running these have any issues with leaks? Would it be worth it to have a exhaust shop weld them together?

Admin

Interesting that they are two pieces now. A slip joint shouldn't be an issue if they are properly clamped. I would say the majority of aftermarket exhausts are done this way. There are a people who prefer to have it welded. I can't think of any particular reason why welding them would cause any issues and ideally would create a solid seal.

Leadfoot

Two pieces save on shipping by cutting the box dimension in half. No leaks on mine.  :)
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

777driver

17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune

mike2225

777driver

Quote from: mike2225 on May 14, 2021, 05:58:30 PM
Quote from: B777driver on May 14, 2021, 05:18:59 PM
how long was the wait?
It took about 9 weeks after I ordered them

whoa! I have local buddy I fly with that bought some for 2k no wait. He hit someone up that just got some and asked "how much". Im using a tuner thats against turning the rear o2's off otherwise id do race cats in a heartbeat. Just a ridiculous wait time.
17 sho PP, GHT intercooler, GHT Turbos, XDI pump, WaterMeth, exhaust, GHT e30 tune