• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

‘13 Explorer Sport Moonroof Not Working??

Started by MarilynExpSport13, April 04, 2021, 03:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarilynExpSport13

Has anyone had issues w their moonroof? And if so, what was the issue? Mine doesn't move nor does it make any sort of noise whatsoever... The Panoramic slide cover works as it should but that is the only functioning part of it that does...

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

updates?

check to see if there is power to the motor.  you will have to lower the headliner for that.  if it is not making any sound, the motor may need to be replaced.

other issues have been broken guides or clips, but usually you get SOME amount of movement with those.

i don't recall exactly, but reinitializing may or may not work.  I think it requires SOME movement of the glass.

check vehicle battery health - voltage AND CCAs.  weak batteries can do funny things with anything electrical.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!