• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU replacement, what other seals and gaskets needed

Started by bamsho, April 06, 2021, 03:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Well the dreaded PTU failure has caught up to me.  Hasn't puked yet, but it's coming.  New Ford PTU on order, what other gaskets and seals do I needed to get.  The ones between the transmission and PTU.

Thanks.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bamsho

I have my SHO back from the dealership.   They installed a new PP PTU and did a couple of maintenance items I can't do right now.  No more grinding noises, yeah.  I paid the core charge and kept the old one.  I'm going to open it up to see what is starting to fail.  Dealership asked me why was I changing it out,  since it wasn't broke.  I said that's why,  I wanted it changed before it totally grenaded and took something else out. 

Oh found put when looking at Ford's parts online, you have to go under Police Utility Sedan to find the correct PTU for a PP car. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Glad to hear the dealership hot your baby all fixed up. May many more happy miles be ahead for both you, and the SHO.

Be sure to post some pics of what you find when you open up your original.

I'm sure others would be interested in seeing as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk