• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 MKT Intermediate shaft

Started by byersjakebyers, April 02, 2021, 10:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byersjakebyers

Hey guys hope all is well! Its supposed to be above 60 this weekend. Has anyone pulled the intermediate shaft on a 2014 MKT ecoboost. Sadly after replacing the brakes and both front bearing hubs. I only fixed two of the noises. The one remaining hum was found when I squirted the intermediate shaft bearing with a little grease. So for the third time this month. Was hoping to not have to alignit and redo tranny fuild. (Did both about 6 mo ago). To get the cv out of the hub you need a couple inches, to get it off the intermediate shaft you only need about 1 1/2 inch.
Wondering of it'd be feasible to just pop the lower ball joint and leave the cv in the hub.
How much tranny fluid do you lose when the shaft comes out. All the seals are good on ptu so hoping i can get it out with damaging them.
Do you need any "funny" tools...ie slide hammer to get them out?
Thanks in advance
Jake

Macgyver

I am not sure.

Busy atm but maybe check Youtube ?

byersjakebyers

Found a couple youtube vids! Turned out to be much easier than I thought. Couple taps with the wood end of a mini sledge and out she popped. Pulled the tire, abs sensor, two bolts holding the shaft bearing ,and ball joint. Then jacked up the car real high so the tranny fluid would lean the other way. Took about hour and a half tire off too tire on. :)

Macgyver

Outstanding !!!

I thought I remembered seeing a video and they did not lose that much trans fluid at all.

YTU FTW