• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2012 F150 3.5 ECOBOOST Vacuum test

Started by vroom, March 24, 2021, 12:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vroom

Hi,
trying to do a leak test on my truck, guys keep mentioning a shrader valve where I can tap in, I can't find any. does anyone know where it's located?
thanks,

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: vroom on March 24, 2021, 12:08:56 PM
Hi,
trying to do a leak test on my truck, guys keep mentioning a shrader valve where I can tap in, I can't find any. does anyone know where it's located?
thanks,

I assume the valve you are talking about is for doing a smoke leak test. I would guess it is at the EVAP Purge Valve. Here is the test procedure:

HX43  HOOK UP THE SMOKE MACHINE

NOTICE: Removing the Schrader valve from the test port permanently damages the valve.

Note: The smoke and air flow from the Rotunda Smoke Machine, Fuel Evaporative Emission System Tester 218-00001 or equivalent will not pass through liquid fuel. Liquid fuel may be present in the fuel tank filler pipe.

Note: Some vehicles are not equipped with an evaporative emission test port. Use a suitable hose adapter in the following diagnostic procedures.

Ignition OFF.

Connect the smoke machine power cables to the vehicle battery. Check to see that the smoke machine power indicator lamp is on, indicating a good battery contact.

For F-150 3.5L:
        Disconnect the fuel vapor hose from the air intake system and plug the fuel vapor hose.
        Disconnect the fuel vapor hose from the charge air cooler (CAC) and plug the fuel vapor hose.
        Disconnect the fuel vapor to EVAP canister line at the EVAP purge valve.
        Connect a suitable hose adapter to the fuel vapor to EVAP canister connection at the EVAP purge valve.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

vroom

ok, thanks for the help. I guess I will have to find these components you are talking about and test it.
for some reason I thought I just have to plug it into the Schrader valve, close the purge solenoid with scan tool and smoke test it.
but maybe that only works with some vehicles.