• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT might have boned me indirectly

Started by TopherSho, March 22, 2021, 02:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Ford service department trip #1
No CEL,  but still getting -

Collision warning - malfunction
p1000
p1635

Ford ''called it good'',  I had them take it back in as i code scanned it right in front of the service advisor and gave her a polite wtf eyeball ...

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

mattr66

The 1635 is internal voltage reference bad... May be the reason the pcm bricked in the first place...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

TopherSho

Quote from: mattr66 on March 23, 2021, 04:03:04 PM
The 1635 is internal voltage reference bad... May be the reason the pcm bricked in the first place...

hmm got a link? 

I found this on DTC which logically sounds more likely since it is a muffed write to the ecu/pcm

https://www.dtcdecode.com/Ford/P1635

Make:Ford
Code:P1635
Definition:Tire/Axle Ratio Out Of Acceptable Range
Description:This DTC sets when the tire and axle information contained in the vehicle identification (VID) block does not match the vehicle hardware.
Cause:Incorrect tire size,  Incorrect axle ratio, Incorrect VID configuration parameters
Diagnosis: Using the scan tool, view the tire and axle parameters within the VID. They must match the vehicle hardware.
Component: PCM
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

Quote from: TopherSho on March 23, 2021, 04:22:54 PM

hmm got a link? 

I found this on DTC which logically sounds more likely since it is a muffed write to the ecu/pcm

Description:This DTC sets when the tire and axle information contained in the vehicle identification (VID) block does not match the vehicle hardware.
Cause:Incorrect tire size,  Incorrect axle ratio, Incorrect VID configuration parameters
Diagnosis: Using the scan tool, view the tire and axle parameters within the VID. They must match the vehicle hardware.

I am betting the p1635 is a result of the PP 3.15 axel ratio being programed in instead of the non-pp 2.77 .. fingers crossed.  HOPEFULLY the bad axel ratio is what is disabling the ACC/Collision warning system

mattr66

Quote from: TopherSho on March 23, 2021, 05:20:42 PM

hmm got a link? 

I am betting the p1635 is a result of the PP 3.15 axel ratio being programed in instead of the non-pp 2.77 .. fingers crossed.  HOPEFULLY the bad axel ratio is what is disabling the ACC/Collision warning system
That is in the vid block normally....

mattr66

hmm got a link? 

Yeah it's crazy how that code is different between mfgers.  On most vehicles it is the 5v bus being out of whack.

TopherSho

Quote from: mattr66 on March 23, 2021, 05:31:11 PM

hmm got a link? 

Yeah it's crazy how that code is different between mfgers.  On most vehicles it is the 5v bus being out of whack.

WERE FORD!  WE DO IT ALL DIFFERENT! MAKES BETTER!          /headesk/  :D  :)

Macgyver

hmm got a link? 

So. The initial gearhead tune programmed a wrong ratio and it stuck in the system ?

TopherSho

Quote from: Macgyver on March 23, 2021, 08:55:02 PM

hmm got a link? 

So. The initial gearhead tune programmed a wrong ratio and it stuck in the system ?

It was not throwing a CEL while the GH tune was on,  but when I reverted back to stock from the GH tune it all went sideways on the next restart.  SCT rebuilt the stock image, and and applied it with the handheld, Ford laid down a fresh image using IDS ... no luck either way.

But from reading a number of articles it appears you can 'edit' that value using Ford diagnostic tools .. so i am super crossing my fingers that if the ford techs are decent enough to see the same links and try the fix, that the other issues will self resolve as i hope/suspect the ACC and Collision systems can't work if they have no idea what the speed of the care is.. and are simply faulting on boot and seeing the axel ratio error.

mattr66

Quote from: Macgyver on March 23, 2021, 08:55:02 PM

hmm got a link? 

No the vid block was more than likely corrupted on the flash.

TopherSho

At this point I am unsure .. but why would my car operate normally if the value was missing after the flash to the GH tune?  Or are you referring the flash back to stock?

mattr66

Quote from: TopherSho on March 24, 2021, 11:10:21 AM

At this point I am unsure .. but why would my car operate normally if the value was missing after the flash to the GH tune?  Or are you referring the flash back to stock?
The flashing process in general corrupted the vid block I think

TopherSho

SCT update ---------------------

Date: Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 8:21 AM
Subject: RE: Flash to stock corrupts ECU with new 4x firmware
To: Topher Mc'toperton <######@gmail.com>
Cc: chris.beeck@broadcom.com <######@broadcom.com>

The firmware Jose loaded to the device will allow us to resolve the P1639 & P163F code remotely if they were to occur again. Make sure the device firmware version is on 1.1.1.7 build 21 SHO before attempting another flash with the SCT device.

P1000 is completely normal after a flash and normally clears after driving a certain amount of miles. Depending on the vehicle.

P1635 - Tire/Axle Out of Acceptable Range [Ford/ISO 14229]

^^ P1635 doesn't make sense, especially after an IDS flash from Ford, and I've never seen this code occur after IDS personally.

ACC & Collision Disabled warnings on the dash might be cleared through a hard reset of the ECU. (Physically disconnect and reconnect the ECU from the harness after disconnecting the battery)

Thanks,
SCT Technical Support
----------------------------------------------

Reading tea leaves here .. but there IS a special 4x SCT tuner firmware for 2010 and 2011 SHO's.  My 4x tuner did NOT have the 'SHO' tag on the previous firmware when I was tuning with brad.   getting interesting.. 

my gut says old style tunes did not need certain access rights to some regions/tables.. the GH tune needed them.  my tuner broke with GH as it was old when i used it.. but it somehow tuned the car without triggering the axel ratio error and or ACC/collision error.

on stock reversion it went sideways..
Ford has the car,  well see what happens from here.

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

TopherSho

Ford has called --

They believe it has been resolved.

Phone rep said and i quote --
They reset the ABS by 'reinitializing'
ACC needed to be put into relearn

No notes were taken on the P1635 .. or its resolution. 

I will scan it when I get there .. the p1000 may still be present , but if it is it ''''should'''' clear on its own as the system collects sensor data by driving and getting a baseline. 

I plan on driving it over to Autozone and having them scan for codes since the 4x can miss some things

fingers crossed....