• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New MKS owner with a few questions

Started by Big_kat, March 14, 2021, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Quote from: Big_kat on March 15, 2021, 08:11:06 PM
The only other line that had oil on it was this one. Sorry not a great picture. Oil residue on the pan a bit too. I really appreciate all your help TopherSho, for real! This is my first turbo car, I'm coming from the BMW world, E36 M3 to be exact. I've always been a DIY guy, but from what I've read this turbo is a bear to replace. I've seen $1200-$1400 to get it done by the dealership. Does that sound right?

That one is interesting ... the braided line looks clean,  which makes me thing the oil is coming from somewhere else .. hmmm know anyone with a GOOD clear borescope?    might be time to get a camera that will fit down there.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Macgyver

In the grand scheme of things. Its not that much oil either. On the outside.......

TopherSho

Quote from: Macgyver on March 17, 2021, 11:12:40 PM
In the grand scheme of things. Its not that much oil either. On the outside.......

tough call man.  Have ford do a visual inspection,  they have the tools to scope it with a camera and find the source ... and or MECH you trust ..

I'm tempted to say the oil is coming from somewhere else .. but I cant state that with any certainty .. and if the seal is bad and goes all it once you may end up taking the block with it..

Better to get it looked at if you can't get a good read on the source .. couple hundie versus gambling on a used block or 6k on a new one .. no brainer.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

Big_kat

I've got an appointment set up with my local Ford dealership to take a look at everything on Wednesday. I'm not gonna leave anything to chance. The guy I bought it from has all the records, oil and fluids were changed/ flushed regularly. I can't believe the turbo would be bad at 59k but Im not knowledgable about these cars yet. I'm really hoping it's just a oil line or fitting that's seeping and it's an easy fix. I appreciate all the help
2013 MKS: Unleashed tune, 170 thermostat, 3 bar, JLT catch can, CFM valve cover breather, AD Trans mounts.
2001 F150: 230k boat hauler
1989 GSXR 7/11: way to much to list

TopherSho

Quote from: Big_kat on March 18, 2021, 04:58:22 PM
I've got an appointment set up with my local Ford dealership to take a look at everything on Wednesday. I'm not gonna leave anything to chance. The guy I bought it from has all the records, oil and fluids were changed/ flushed regularly. I can't believe the turbo would be bad at 59k but Im not knowledgable about these cars yet. I'm really hoping it's just a oil line or fitting that's seeping and it's an easy fix. I appreciate all the help

post updates!   good luck!

Big_kat

2013 MKS: Unleashed tune, 170 thermostat, 3 bar, JLT catch can, CFM valve cover breather, AD Trans mounts.

Big_kat

Just picked it up from the dealership.They went through it and checked everything out. I was told that they couldn't determine where the leak was coming from.They cleaned the area, added a UV additive to the oil, ran in for a while, put it back on the lift and detected no oil leaking. I was told it was likely a very small seep and to bring it back if I see the oil again. The invoice kinda says it's either an oil line or housing leak.