• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Car runs worse after MSD coils and sparkplug change??

Started by mike2225, March 14, 2021, 01:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike2225

Quote from: SHOdded on April 02, 2021, 07:25:18 AM
has the p1000 code cleared after the PCM update? otherwise still in relearn mode, which may provide false assurance.

testing primary and secondary resistance on the coils is usually how the coils are proven out.  of course in operation you also have the heat factor from the engine bay as well as coil firing to account for.
http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Service%20Manual.htm

what year is your SHO btw, i don't see info in the signature :)
Thanks for the link, good info.I ended up bringing my car back to the mechanic yesterday to replace the 2 broken coil plug connectors. After test driving it and  running a few tests he called and suggested I switch back to the oem coils, so I did..The mechanic said he tested the coils and said they were good but believes there too hot and not as reliable as oem. I have no numbers to verify but it seems low rpm/idle is better and no noticable difference at WOT. Overall the car runs good again and im happy.
2015 SHO w/ PP  AJP Turbo 93 tune

Macgyver

Thats a good thing tho the MSD do dress up the engine bay if you dont use the cover.