• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Added another EcoBoost

Started by bamsho, January 17, 2021, 10:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Decided to traded our 2015 Titan in.  Ever since I had radiator replaced in it, it's has been using transmission fluid.  I couldn't find any leaks, had others look for leaks anywhere.  Still couldn't find where it was going.  I was putting least 1 quart a month.  Since the warranty was going to be up in 3 months, it was time to go.  Not a great time since what I'm dealing with.

We bought an 2016 F150 XLT supercrew 4x4 with Gen 1 3.5 EB.  Has 83K on the clock.  I told the not to move the truck cause I wanted to here the cold start.  Yeah no rattle at start up.  So we brought it home, with 3/36 warranty.  So if it does the chain rattle or water pump failure, it's covered.  Nice to be back in a Ford again.

Pulled the engine cover, it's a little dirty under there.  I have to hose it down before I change plugs in it.  Curious to see what 83k plugs look like.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Macgyver

Yeah thats dirty

Congrats. She should run well.

bamsho

Plugs and GH tunes ordered.  Thankfully the SHO and F150 use the same plugs.  Ordered 2 sets of plugs.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

bamsho

Loaded the AO tune from Gearhead.  Wow, did it wake up the truck especially in Sport mode.  She will def lite the tires up with ease.  Sport mode will spin the rears on the 1-2 shifts, and still have 87 in the tank.  Plugs will be changed soon, just need it to get warmer out or dad get done painting in the his garage.   I have to remind myself that it isn't the SHO.

SHOdded

Congratulations!  I see there is already a gaping hole in the floorboards under the gas pedal :D 

The Ford catalog lists the same spark plug for them as the SHO.  Now as to optimum plug in each application, your tuner will tell you I am sure.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spark-plug-cyfs12yt4
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kyrek387

Would definitely get a catch can for the gen 1 3.5 EB.

We bought an 2016 F150 XLT supercrew 4x4 with Gen 1 3.5 EB.  Has 83K on the clock.  I told the not to move the truck cause I wanted to here the cold start.  Yeah no rattle at start up.  So we brought it home, with 3/36 warranty.  So if it does the chain rattle or water pump failure, it's covered.  Nice to be back in a Ford again.

Pulled the engine cover, it's a little dirty under there.  I have to hose it down before I change plugs in it.  Curious to see what 83k plugs look like.
[/quote]
2018 3.5L ecoboost F-150.
Thunder The towing beast
E-rated tires, K&N, Royal purple,
Class IV w/weightDistribution Hitch

bamsho

Quote from: SHOdded on February 07, 2021, 06:07:51 AM
Congratulations!  I see there is already a gaping hole in the floorboards under the gas pedal :D 

The Ford catalog lists the same spark plug for them as the SHO.  Now as to optimum plug in each application, your tuner will tell you I am sure.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spark-plug-cyfs12yt4

Manu,  no hole yet, HAHA.  Kris loves driving the truck. Yep using the same colder plug I have in the SHO.  Bigger XDI35 will be here Monday.  Can wait to aee what it runs.   As for a catch can, I've always leaned away from them, but to each his own.  Gap on the old plugs was .040.  Yeah not good for being tuned, new plugs are gapped at .027.